• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm SP300v board replacement question

ringocat22

I have a SP300v, dealing with the usual issues. I just replaced the encoder strip, but it's still giving me the pinchroller error (invalid position). They're in the right place, and usually after several dozen attempts it finally sees the vinyl but gives the width of 0". Then after a few more attempts it finally sees the correct width. I want to replace the necessary board to fix this, at least for a few more months til I can get new equipment. My question is which board is it that I need to replace? I know there's the small sensor at the bottom, near the knife. And I know there's the top board with the little voltage dial, on the top of the knife carriage unit. Should I replace both of these? Or is it the other, larger board to the right, on the print head carriage that needs replacing? Just need something to keep it going for a few more months, poor little guy needs to be put out to pasture soon. :confused:

ringocat22

Thanks jdragun & Mantaworld - got that cable replaced, and it was able to read the vinyl immediately. And, I fiddled with the voltage dial on that board and it can read my registration marks again as well. Thanks for the help and for saving me a lot of money!