• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm VP-540 Cutting After Laminate

Jbrooks02

I have a Roland Versacamm VP-540. Was just wondering what some people use for settings on cutting laminated vinyl? Blade Extension, Force, Speed, Ext.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You need to do test cuts and set the settings for your vinyl. I could tell you that when I cut laminated vinyl the force tends to be around the 100 gram mark but that is basically useless because I am not cutting the laminated vinyl that you are. One tip that might help you out though, blade extension is't really a setting. There is only one right way to install a blade and you shouldn't be adjusting the blade exposure at all. That's what the force setting is for. When the blade sticks out too far or too little, it creates defects in the cutting.

Jbrooks02

You need to do test cuts and set the settings for your vinyl. I could tell you that when I cut laminated vinyl the force tends to be around the 100 gram mark but that is basically useless because I am not cutting the laminated vinyl that you are. One tip that might help you out though, blade extension is't really a setting. There is only one right way to install a blade and you shouldn't be adjusting the blade exposure at all. That's what the force setting is for. When the blade sticks out too far or too little, it creates defects in the cutting.
Yes I understand the blade extension isnt a setting. What would be a good starting point or a good pointer for setting the blade extension?