• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaCAMM VS 540

showcase 66

Does anyone use this machine? I have just received a call from another local sign guy who has decided to get out of the business and was wondering if I was interested in his equipment. I have bought out 4 guys in the past and I have gotten a lot of good stuff from doing this. I currently dont have a printer and I have toyed around with the idea at least every other month to get one. He said he bought it about 6 months ago for around $22,000 and he is looking to get $15,000 for everything he has. He also has 2 Suma cutters that are a couple years old.

Does anyone know if I can transfer the warranty on it? He says it had a 2 year plus an extra year he purchased with the machine.

Does anyone have any feedback on the machine itself? I have seen some of the work he has done and it always seemed faded or lighter than it should be. It could be because he is cheap and runs everything to use the least amount of ink possible. IDK.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew O

Merchant Member
Since I am from Roland and obviously biased, I will leave others to comment on how these machines performed in their shops, but I do want to point out that since we just introduced the VS-540 a couple of weeks ago, it is much more likely that this six month old machine is a VP-540i. There are real differences between the VS and the VP, so it is worth double checking what he is selling.

showcase 66

Thanks for that info. He put in the email with what he had as a VS 540. I just called him back and he said it was a VP 540. I have not looked at it as of yet. But since you work for Rolland. can you answer a couple question about the warranty. Can I transfer the Warranty? Also Since I have not had a printer before, Is their a way I would be able to get some training on it. A regular cutter is pretty self explanatory, but this I would rather see and learn how to use the machine before I screw it up.

Andrew O

Merchant Member
The warranty is not transferrable. Since you aren't that familiar with the hardware, your best option would probably be to contact a local dealer and work out a price to inspect the printer, uninstall, reinstall, and train you on operation and maintenance. We also have some upcoming webinars and a lot of documentation and videos on the support section of the Roland website (http://www.rolanddga.com/owners/support/productList.asp).

Feel free to PM me if you want any additional information or the name of someone local that can help.

ProColorGraphics

My dealer sent me a paper from Roland that said that the warranties are transferable, but it has to be inspected, delivered and installed by a Roland tech to be valid.