• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

versacamm vs540 missing magenta and issue with light choke clean

chriswinks

Hi

I have a versacamm VS540i and for the last week the magenta has been missing. A clean brings some of the bottom magenta strip back slightly but no top magenta strip
We tried a light choke clean and the top strip came back perfect but the bottom strip disappeared. No amount of cleaning could bring the bottom magenta back.
Another light choke stopped both magentas from working before another light choke clean swapped them over again. We now have the bottom magenta back perfect but the top one is missing again.
Totally confused now as what to do (tried head soak but no difference.) I know the top magenta works because it was printing a couple of days ago but cant seem to get it back and don't want to keep messing about with light choke cleans incase we lose both again.
Has anyone else come across this issue with the light choke clean and any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance

Neil

Sounds like it's not able to do a proper clean.
Check that the bottom of head and top of cap are clean and making a good seal.
Check the pump tubes are not blocked.
Make sure the dampers are full.

Medina Signs

Old Member
Possibly debris (dried ink) in the well after the damper - remove damper, suck it out with syringe, replace damper as it may have a tear in the filter. Just guessing, maybe someone else can verify my diagnoses and remedy.