• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Versaworks 6.8.0 - Hang on Multi-page PDF RIP

graphicsottawa

a.k.a. Phaedra
So, I'm trying to RIP a 10 page PDF created in InDesign. Versawoks gets to 100% on the RIP and just hangs there. I had the same thing happen the other day on a multi-page created in Illustrator. Anyone else observing this behaviour? I really *really* don't want to have to go back to using .eps files.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Well Versaworks is not native with Adobe so I would expect something like this happen every once in a while. Eps I feel like is a better choice for VW.

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
I have had Versa hang at 100% before, usually on large files or files with a lot of different special items (cut lines, variable data). Sometimes it gets to 100% and hangs there for a half hour but finally clears, but I have had to go shrink some files before. 10 pages - can you send them individually?

Some other possible solutions: making sure you've got lots of disk room, initializing program and clearing jobs, etc.

graphicsottawa

a.k.a. Phaedra
I have had Versa hang at 100% before, usually on large files or files with a lot of different special items (cut lines, variable data). Sometimes it gets to 100% and hangs there for a half hour but finally clears, but I have had to go shrink some files before. 10 pages - can you send them individually?

Some other possible solutions: making sure you've got lots of disk room, initializing program and clearing jobs, etc.
I ended up sending them individually as .eps files, which worked. I think I may have to go on a purge though. It's looking pretty cluttered in the queues.

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
I ended up sending them individually as .eps files, which worked. I think I may have to go on a purge though. It's looking pretty cluttered in the queues.

There's a different odd little bug that I find too occasionally, that if I'm loading multiple files and I right-click for settings on one of them before it's "loaded" into the queue (finished thinking about it) it can cause hangups too.