• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks and x rite i1 troubles

advisionsigns

I'm wondering if someone could tell me which device I should choose from the measurement devices tab in Versaworks 4. I have an X Rite I1 but the only options I'm getting are the Gretag Macbeth I1 and the X Rite I1IO. Those aren't exact matches and I cant get a successful scan with either one selected.

I did the raise the scaling to 110% thing and Ive done a bunch of successful scans in the I1 profiler software so I'm confident in that ability. If I choose the X Rite I1IO I can scan C,M and Y but K gives me the 4087 error. If I pick the Gretag option I cant get a single successful scan.

This is somewhat troubling but I'm sure it's just some simple thing I'm missing. So if anyone has some insight I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

eye4clr

Once upon a time, long long ago, Gretag made the i1. Then the evil emperor X-Rite ate the kind and gentle Gretag; making the i1 its own!

MUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Go with the gretag choice.

advisionsigns

SOLVED!

I goofed and forgot to set the color management to density control only. After I did that I used the Gretag I1 option and it worked like a charm :)

Hopefully my flub will help someone in the future who googles this.

edit: I recently attended the color management webinar from roland and asked about the device selections. He said the software came out before the merger but it was a good suggestion for them to update the choices.

Custom_Grafx

That error can also happen if you scan too fast, or on the wrong location. Sometimes, you think it should work, and you still get that error.

Just rescan, and make sure you're scanning straight, and not too fast, and using a smooth steady motion.

markw

I have the same issue and still unresolved

That error can also happen if you scan too fast, or on the wrong location. Sometimes, you think it should work, and you still get that error.

Just rescan, and make sure you're scanning straight, and not too fast, and using a smooth steady motion.
Just for the record i already tried the 110% i ve also plugged the spectrophotometer to a powered usb port the driver is working fine. turned off the windows defender and been doing the scans at different pace and speed but still without succesful results. Please help.

DimOxy

SOLVED!

I goofed and forgot to set the color management to density control only. After I did that I used the Gretag I1 option and it worked like a charm :)

Hopefully my flub will help someone in the future who googles this.

edit: I recently attended the color management webinar from roland and asked about the device selections. He said the software came out before the merger but it was a good suggestion for them to update the choices.

How do you set color management density control only?
K gives me the 4087 error too... :(

Last edited: