• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks delay cut after print

klingsdesigns

I am trying to get the delay cut after print to work on dual or 6 and i change it to a minute or 3 minutes. It cuts right away with no delay.

klingsdesigns

I think it's called dry time, that is what I select , works on my vg and worked on the vp for years.

I used it all the time on my vp and cant get it to work for the vg. I will try again tomorrow with different profiles. What firmware do you have on the vg? 3.0 or 3.1

Mainframe

It is the newest as of 3 days ago, I think it is 3.1, I just left the shop so I can't check but I will check tomorrow I have a couple things I want to mess with tomorrow .

SE SignSupply

The dry times are now controlled in the printer itself. You can control the print & cut dry time as well as the print only dry time, they are now independently adjustable. Look in the menu of the printer. I believe its under menu, sub menu, heater menu, and dry time.

At first glance this seemed like a oversight by VW. However, not having to remember to set a dry time when the job is print & cut vs print only has been very useful for most customers in day to day operations.

klingsdesigns

I can only do it on printer under p and c dry time. Versaworks Dual and 6 doesn’t let me change it. Calling roldand today to confirm.

SE SignSupply

So are you saying you are no longer able to set a dry time in Versworks?

If you have a VG/SG dry time, both for print and cut and print only are controlled by the printer, not VW. This works well for most users as they no longer have to remember to set / turn off dry time for each job. Those that use a dry time for print and cut use it pretty much every time and now they don't have to remember to turn it off/on for P&C vs jobs that are laminated.

Mainframe

Well, I had in the past year used the dry time in the VW software, I am guessing this will no longer be available once I update the software, so if you are saying it has to be controlled out on the machine panel will you be able to distinguish between a print only and print/cut job? For example, if I set the dry time to 3 minutes, will I then have to wait for a print that I plan on laminating to dry for 3 minutes? Or will they be separate settings? I am kinda of confused as to why Roland wants to remove software features on updates and have people scramble for an explanation, one of the reasons I stayed with Roland was the software was familiar, now they want to change it all as if I have nothing to do but learn a new way of doing things when it wasn't broken in the first place.

klingsdesigns

In the printer settings on printer there is a p&c that is print and cut then there is the other one. So you can have it just be print and cut material, and not material your going to take out and lam.

Joe House

Dry time on the printer controls just the print dry time before printing another job. This is controllable in VWD and VW6 under the printer controls tab. Dry Time P&C controls the dry time between printing and cutting. This is a new feature on the VG printers that hasn't had any controls added in Versaworks yet. I have a customer who only does print/cut sticker jobs and different jobs require different dry times based on the ink load, so he needed to control it from the software so he could queue up multiple jobs without having to change it on the printer between jobs or set it to the max time needed. So he has downgraded his firmware to 2.6 and can still control it from VersaWorks. Hopefully VersaWorks will catch up with this enhancement soon.

Spiderx1

I think it's called dry time, that is what I select , works on my vg and worked on the vp for years.
On the VG it is as said in previous post. Been disabled via software, only on the printer itself. I was told they had firmware issues and it would return in future updates.
For me it is a PITA.