• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWorks Dual question

-Fusion

Is there a way when you are running multiple copies of jobs to tell the machine to cut ALL CutContour lines first then go back and cut PerfCutContour after?

Currently when I run multiple copies of a job it will print all copies then start kiss cutting the first file, then Perfcut it and move down the line.

thanks for the help.

EDIT: Or is there another RIP program that will allow this function

Ragnabrok

if you make the multiples in your design software instead of VW, would it cut as you want it to? try making 2 of something with a cut and perf, and see the order the printer carries it out in. Maybe making a 20-up image would solve this issue?

-Fusion

if you make the multiples in your design software instead of VW, would it cut as you want it to? try making 2 of something with a cut and perf, and see the order the printer carries it out in. Maybe making a 20-up image would solve this issue?
You are correct. I did this and made a 4up copy that worked but illy won't let me save anything larger than 4up. Currently my 4up file is about 1.6GB. I think I may need to not embed my files...but thats proving to be harder cause we design on Mac and RIP on Windows. My finished decals are 6x8 if that matters.

Ragnabrok

saving it as just an EPS should be enough, try saving it as a different name and bringing it over, does it work and look fine?

-Fusion

saving it as just an EPS should be enough, try saving it as a different name and bringing it over, does it work and look fine?
Saved as a pdf and its much smaller and all my graphics are coming over. Now I have to figure put how to get it to print & kiss cut everything then perfcut.

tim99

3 files, 1 print only, 2, kiss cut, 3 perfcut. make sure all 3 files are the exact same as far as art board size and saved in the same way. drop all 3 into versaworks and setup all 3 files the exact same way. (same number of copys media size ect.) make sure to have crop marks checked on all 3, and naturally on the cut only files have it setup to cut only. this isnt exactly a speedy method but from there you can print, return to origin, kiss cut, return to origin, then perf cut,

-Fusion

3 files, 1 print only, 2, kiss cut, 3 perfcut. make sure all 3 files are the exact same as far as art board size and saved in the same way. drop all 3 into versaworks and setup all 3 files the exact same way. (same number of copys media size ect.) make sure to have crop marks checked on all 3, and naturally on the cut only files have it setup to cut only. this isnt exactly a speedy method but from there you can print, return to origin, kiss cut, return to origin, then perf cut,

Is this how "sticker" makers do it with 3 files?

And with printing the crop marks I will have dead on cuts? I don't need to print anything longer than maybe 5' but I need the cuts to be precise since some of my items are 1/4 inch.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon

Just curious but why not 2 files? 1 for Print/Cut & 1 for the PerfCut? You could Print/Cut or Print'Lam/Cut from the 1st then PerfCut from the 2nd. Just wondering.

-Fusion

Are there advantages or disadvantages to using eps vs pdf? I'm about to test out print/kiss cut and a second file to perf.

tim99

Just curious but why not 2 files? 1 for Print/Cut & 1 for the PerfCut? You could Print/Cut or Print'Lam/Cut from the 1st then PerfCut from the 2nd. Just wondering.

I had assumed workflow as print-laminate-kisscut-perfcut. if there is no need to laminate after print then ya 2 files

@fusion i mainly run PDF for the smaller file size but we do occasionally run EPS from my experience there is no difference.

-Fusion

I had assumed workflow as print-laminate-kisscut-perfcut. if there is no need to laminate after print then ya 2 files

@fusion i mainly run PDF for the smaller file size but we do occasionally run EPS from my experience there is no difference.

Thanks for the help! I set it up as print & kiss then a second job to perf and its working. Now im working on getting the perf cut settings dialed in. If I run anything more than one line of 6x8 sheets they catch on the sheet cut groove while its printing the second row.

tim99

"Is this how "sticker" makers do it with 3 files?

And with printing the crop marks I will have dead on cuts? I don't need to print anything longer than maybe 5' but I need the cuts to be precise since some of my items are 1/4 inch."

sorry fusion i didnt see this question tell now..

i cant say for "sticker makers" but when we do "stickers" we normally run unlaminated calendar material through and have it print cut perfcut all in one file.. the accuracy of the cuts is going to depend on the machine and how long of a run your doing. to give you a for instance not to long ago we did 1000 "stickers" out of un laminated cal material with a kiss cut and a perf cut. each was about 1" by .5" we did these in runs of 4' each to keep the accuracy up and all went well. long story short the smaller the run the more accurate each cut will be. if your having issues with the perfcuts falling out to early and/or catching on the grove try decreasing the pref length a bit.

-Fusion

"Is this how "sticker" makers do it with 3 files?

And with printing the crop marks I will have dead on cuts? I don't need to print anything longer than maybe 5' but I need the cuts to be precise since some of my items are 1/4 inch."

sorry fusion i didnt see this question tell now..

i cant say for "sticker makers" but when we do "stickers" we normally run unlaminated calendar material through and have it print cut perfcut all in one file.. the accuracy of the cuts is going to depend on the machine and how long of a run your doing. to give you a for instance not to long ago we did 1000 "stickers" out of un laminated cal material with a kiss cut and a perf cut. each was about 1" by .5" we did these in runs of 4' each to keep the accuracy up and all went well. long story short the smaller the run the more accurate each cut will be. if your having issues with the perfcuts falling out to early and/or catching on the grove try decreasing the pref length a bit.

Thanks for the help! I hope to work up to 4' one day. So far I can only do 1 row of 6x8 sheets and keep the kiss cuts on. My kiss cuts are anywhere from 2"x.25" down to about .25"x.25" so I have to have accurate kiss cuts.

I tried to turn the vacuum down and that helps a tiny bit but my main problem is the 8" side of the perf cut is hitting the channel where the sheet cut blade goes. For some reason every other edge across the cutting surface has a smooth rounded corner except the sheet cut groove - its weird. I noticed the plate is screwed in and it sits higher than the rest of the surface. Tonight I will try to take some photos of what is happening. I'm still new to this and may not be describing this very well.

thank you for the help!

You're Welcome To Contact Roland Support

Hey -Fusion,

No need for you to continue struggling with this issue. It's recommended that you contact Roland support and get help with this ASAP. We'll need you to complete our support submission form so we can create a support ticket for you. Go here to submit your info: Product Support Form | Roland

We look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn