• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWorks Hanging

tdgraphics

Hi all,

Had this problem on and off every so often since the upgrade to VersaWorks 3 but since I have upgraded to 3.1.1 it happens to me every couple of times I set up a job in VersaWorks. My last to job setup have ended up hanging, its a matter of killing the task and restarting it but it is a real pain in the backside when I am trying to get stuff out and finish for the evening.

Is there a Roland tech that monitors this group, if so, can you please have a word with your development group as this needs to be fixed an a new release of VersaWorks and soon!!.

Neil

Bigdawg

Just Me
just stops with the infamous "Not Responding" next to the program name and it doesn't do anything... only way out is to force quit...

tanneji

same problem here ... its a well powered computer and the RAM load stays low as does the processor load. Happens mostly to me when I click on OK to accept the job settings.

tdgraphics

What do I mean by hanging?

Basically, I put a job into the queue then I go in to set up how I want it printed (profile used, trim marks etc). I then try and click OK and noting happenes, I cannot do anything and as the contributor above says, 'Not Responding' in task manager.

I have to close VersaWorks and then restart it, set the settings OK and print.

When I add another print into the queue, set the settings, HANGS again. The cycle goes on.

Machine is a:
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6
4GB Ram
512 MB Graphics card

Replicator

I'm going to uninstall and reinstall in a few minutes . . .

I think it may be that my antivirus program may have removed files that were false positives during the initial installation and subsequent upgrades.

I will deactivate the antivirus routines during the new installation and report back shortly !

Replicator

Uninstalled VersaWorks.

Removed program folder and registry entries.

Turned OFF antivirus routine.

Reinstalled VersaWorks and did the online updates.

Launched the settings screen with at least 25 different files and NO hanging at all.

I believe the problem to be fixed.

Bottom line : Antivirus should be deactivated before installing or doing updates/uogrades to program.