• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

versaworks missed a cutline???

Turbophein

every now and again versaworks will miss a cutline. its always when cutting squares, and when the decal is on the bottom row usually. it will not cut the bottom line at all.

when you click on "cut only" to see your cutlines, the blue versaworks border lines that cover the cutlines is what seems to get affected. not sure what is happening. and its only happened a few times, but it just happened on a decent sized print...

any info would be great!

adrock

every now and again versaworks will miss a cutline. its always when cutting squares, and when the decal is on the bottom row usually. it will not cut the bottom line at all.

when you click on "cut only" to see your cutlines, the blue versaworks border lines that cover the cutlines is what seems to get affected. not sure what is happening. and its only happened a few times, but it just happened on a decent sized print...

any info would be great!

I believe it's because you didn't leave enough extra material at the end of your print, that's when mine usually does it. I usually do an extra cut .25" bigger than my intended cut, so that if I have a missed cut it's one that's not important.

Turbophein

I believe it's because you didn't leave enough extra material at the end of your print, that's when mine usually does it. I usually do an extra cut .25" bigger than my intended cut, so that if I have a missed cut it's one that's not important.

Go into the que settings and increase the margin.

thank you both, increasing the margin is exactly what i needed!

3 for 3 today from signs101

:signs101::U Rock:

every now and again versaworks will miss a cutline. its always when cutting squares, and when the decal is on the bottom row usually. it will not cut the bottom line at all.ly

any info would be great!
I know I'm replying to this problem years after the question was asked, but I had a similar problem with my Roland sp300v NOT cutting the outline of a sheet of small labels. It would only cut 3 of the 4 sides of the label and I'd end up with a sheet of 100 labels cut only on 3 sides! So I did a google search and asked: versaworks roland 300v why does my cut line only cut 3 edges of a box?
I never found the answer in all the comments here. But recently it happened again and I finally figured it out - at least in my case.
The key to solving my cutting issue was this. When laying down a cut line in your design, always double-check that the cut line in in front of all the other layers of artwork. If just one of the elements of your design is in FRONT of the cutline, it won't cut that section of the line.
This is my first post on Signs 101 and I hope this helps someone.
Glen Sample Signs - since 1976

SigSignsMT

Another issue that may arise is when saving/printing as a .pdf, and if the cutline slightly falls outside the artboard. This could be related to the stroke and its alignment on the inside and outside. In such cases, VersaWorks might not detect the cutline.
1709572673603.png

JKstorm

I have had the same issue. I am using Versaworks 5.5.1 with Signlab 10 with Windows 10. I have noticed that if I send my print/cut images to Versaworks un-grouped the problem is usually corrected. I did not have this problem until I went to Windows 10 a few years ago. Increasing the page margin on export helps but it does not always work for me.

Jack

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
I know I'm replying to this problem years after the question was asked, but I had a similar problem with my Roland sp300v NOT cutting the outline of a sheet of small labels. It would only cut 3 of the 4 sides of the label and I'd end up with a sheet of 100 labels cut only on 3 sides! So I did a google search and asked: versaworks roland 300v why does my cut line only cut 3 edges of a box?
I never found the answer in all the comments here. But recently it happened again and I finally figured it out - at least in my case.
The key to solving my cutting issue was this. When laying down a cut line in your design, always double-check that the cut line in in front of all the other layers of artwork. If just one of the elements of your design is in FRONT of the cutline, it won't cut that section of the line.
I don't use VersaWorks any more, but it was always my practice to put the cut line on the top layer, make sure it has overprint turned off, is 1pt in the center and make sure my artboard is larger than my cutline by at least 1/16 of an inch, save as a PDF. If saving as an EPS, just offset the cutline path by 0.0625in with no fill.

Sign Pro Salina

Yes, great point, still very relevant to this day. The CutContour stroke always needs to be at the top of the layer stack and the stroke centered. Another thing that can throw VersaWorks off in reading the CutContour stroke are transparencies that aren't flattened. Years ago Roland provided a booklet that was called "Taking The Mystery Out Of Print/Cut" that came in very handy to gave the basics of setting up for proper CutContour.