• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks Multiple print/lam/cut question

Salmoneye

OK, normally when we do real estate signs for a customer we:
Print them 4-up with cut registration marks.
Lead out enough of a tail on material then sheet-cut.
Outgass
Laminate
Re-Load
Setup as piece, contour cut.

This process takes a long time. The reason that we do it in groups of 4 is so that while we are contour cutting we don't run out so much material that it might bind or bang back and fourth into the floor...
What I would like to be able to do is print a section of 4 with marks, and then have it continue to print more sets of these in a row on the roll without sheetcutting between each group, then laminate as one continuous piece or roll. Then re-load as a roll and have versaworks find the first set, contour cut, sheetcut so it drops on the floor and automatically find the next marks and start the process over and over. I hope that I have communicated what I am trying to convey properly, it seems a little confused to me and I wrote it.

Does Versaworks have this capability and I am missing it?

LittleSnakey

The way you explain it, it won't work because their are enough prints on the back of the sheet that it will still bang on the ground when going back and forth. If you want to keep printing just keep doing them in lots of 4 and sheet cut each time, then laminate then cut all the sheets. So you can print half the day then cut half the day.

That is one of the reasons we like the extra stand alone cutter it keeps the printer printing all day plus our summa has baskets so the long prints don't hit the floor and jam like with the Versacamm.

OK, normally when we do real estate signs for a customer we:
Print them 4-up with cut registration marks.
Lead out enough of a tail on material then sheet-cut.
Outgass
Laminate
Re-Load
Setup as piece, contour cut.

This process takes a long time. The reason that we do it in groups of 4 is so that while we are contour cutting we don't run out so much material that it might bind or bang back and fourth into the floor...
What I would like to be able to do is print a section of 4 with marks, and then have it continue to print more sets of these in a row on the roll without sheetcutting between each group, then laminate as one continuous piece or roll. Then re-load as a roll and have versaworks find the first set, contour cut, sheetcut so it drops on the floor and automatically find the next marks and start the process over and over. I hope that I have communicated what I am trying to convey properly, it seems a little confused to me and I wrote it.

Does Versaworks have this capability and I am missing it?

Salmoneye

Too much handling of individual sheets, squaring in the laminator... I thought if I printed a roll and laminated a roll that when it came time to contour cut I could use the new pre-feed feature then it could cut 4 and then sheet cut... It wouldn't have to bang on the floor or jerk the roll.

FrankW

There is no specific functionality for that in VersaWorks. But you can print several jobs in lots of four, put the whole print with a number of jobs into the Laminator and laminate it once, putting it back on a roll (or laminate on a roll if your machine supports that), load this roll into your roland and process and cut every job from that roll manually one after each other. I don't know why you think you have to separate every job at printing and can't cut multiple jobs from a roll.

If you have a lot of this jobs you should use a separate plotter (and RIP-Software unfortunately, because VersaWorks do not support other brands than Roland). For example Summa supports multiple repeating of the same contour job, automatic contour job identification and loading using barcodes, and offer a take-up-system for some models. And it reads the markers much faster than Roland.