• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWorks - Roland UV LEF2-300 - Issues printing lighter colors

IggyM

Hi All,

I have been having issues with lighter colors on Roland UV LEF2-300 (VersaWorks Latest Version)

These small white lines are appearing right next to the text, it looks like the lines are runny, I'm not even sure how to describe it.

Settings on the machine are:
- Media Type: Generic
- Quality Standard
- Mode: CMYK(v)
- Ink: ECOUV4
- Profile: True Rich Color 2
- Unidirectional printing
- PVC Plastic is the substrate (ID Cards)
- No Primer just a quick Alcohol wipe

When I use
- Quality: High Quality and
- Mode: CMYK(v) 16p

It will not print those lines but it takes ages to do a single pass.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

(P.S. I moved this post from the Hardware section to Software RIP since it fits better)

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 266

IggyM

Looks like a form of ink starvation, assuming the black line and light area are running in line with the printhead direction. That's all I can help with, not sure how to fix it.
This only happens with lighter colors. The dampers are primed and full.
We have two Jigs. One is aligned with these error lines and the other one is at 90 degrees.
On both jigs the errors are identical, that's why my best guess is something to do with the RIP or files.

Thanks for your input

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Can you convert your file to raster and try to print that?

We get an odd issue every so often where our label machine will print odd borders around elements in a vector PDF.
Rasterising the entire job @ 300dpi and then printing solves it for us.

IggyM

Can you convert your file to raster and try to print that?

We get an odd issue every so often where our label machine will print odd borders around elements in a vector PDF.
Rasterising the entire job @ 300dpi and then printing solves it for us.

I just rasterized it now with multiple lighter colors and the defects are still present unfotunetelly.

IggyM

Hopefully, this image will explain it better. When we print, depending on the jig we use, the rotation of the text might be different.

But the direction of the defects is always the same (red lines on the image)

I did a few tests and it looks like it has to do something with the hard shadow.

When I remove the shadow behind the text, there is no issue.

I managed to get it down to about 65% black shadow before the defects started appearing again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 3.06.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 3.06.12 PM.png
    183.8 KB · Views: 145

IggyM

I tried a few media profiles but most of them the colors were way too off for me even to consider them.

I will give it a shot in creating my own.

Thank you