• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks settings for printing photos

JLD984

Hi all, I'm having trouble with colours when printing photos (on my Roland SP540V), mainly skintones etc. I had been printing everything in Max Impact
as I always do with my signs but am now printing canvases and the colours are nowhere near right. I was told to Use the Pre Press US setting for raster images so have tried that which has improved the colour but now everything is just too light and already looks faded. Does anybody have any suggestions how to get the correct colours and also have the impact that Max Impact provides?

Also, any tips for printing on canvas would be great too. I posted about this last week in a different forum but need more feedback. Thanks.

Mike F

Use Prepress US, then click the Properties button under it and set Raster to Perceptual. If the colors still aren't coming out right the only other thing I can suggest is trying a different profile. You'd be amazed how wildly the quality can vary printing on the same media with different profiles. Also, if you have any raster elements in a file you always want to use Prepress US and avoid Max Impact, as any white areas that are raster will print as a really, really light grey.