• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks timeout

anotherdog

I have just reinstalled versaworks after some corruption and every second job prints half-way, stops then drops out of the production queue like it was completed.
The VP540 just halts and shows "processing job".
I'm thinking it's either the printer or the nework because I have tried three different computers to run the rip. all with the same "time-out" issue.

simple solution?

sar bossier

We had similar issue about 6 months ago, and had to download an upgrade - free, though, then had to re-adjust our settings.

Mike F

Make sure VersaWorks is updated and also that you're running the latest firmware (2.90 or 3.00 I believe). Could be a network issue though. Are any of them using WiFi to connect to the network or is it all ethernet cables? If you have a computer close to the machine, you can try connecting them directly through the ethernet ports, if it still does it then that would rule out network issues.

anotherdog

Further to this, I updated all 3 versaworks. Not a single one will even RIP a job now.
As soon as I click RIP it goes to the queue and locks up at 0%.
This is on both XP and system 7.

I'll try reinstalling an earlier version, but this has stopped me dead.
Not a happy camper

cajun312

I had to reinstall Versaworks a couple of months ago, I thought I had downloaded all the updates but it turned out I had to do it twice, you don't get all the updates in one batch.

anotherdog

No I had the latest, 4.43. I think my problem came when I ran the latest update.
The main RIP stopped working so I went to the backup, Its an old and slow XP, but in a dumn move I upgraded that too. I then went to one of the design computers, Fresh install there, but I installed the latest updates.

So Back to the Main RIP. Installed version 3, however none of my profiles will go back into version 3, so I am running an update to an earlier 4.

While I watch the update download I'm spending my time inventing new swearwords.

No rip, no print.

anotherdog

Just to close off this thread, It was the latest update to Versaworks. I reinstalled to an earlier one and now it all works (on all three computers).

lost a days printing, a little hair and a little faith in Roland.