• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWorks update problems?

phototec

I just updated Roland VersaWorks to the latest version (5.2.2 I think), and after the update when I launch the application I get an error message saying: "A connection with the server could not be established".

I have tried several times, however I get the same error message.

I went to the Roland website for help, however it says my warranty has expired, and will not offer any help, so how do you get in contact with customer support to help with a problem like this?

Also, is there anyway to go back to the previous version that was working?

Thanks for any help

Andrew O

Merchant Member
I'm not sure what message you got at the website. While we do have a serial number lookup tool that will allow you to verify warranty status for phone support, the screen you are referring to should also provide the link to the email support form, as well as links to the library of content for your specific device. From most screens in the support site, there is also a link to "Email Support" just under the top navigation bar. If you fill out the form, a tech will usually get back to you the same day. Your dealer might also be a good resource.

CS-SignSupply

The message "A connection with the server could not be established" refers to the Roland Update Server, not the printer...

Reboot and check all network connections.

Another tip, when performing VW Updates, I recommend updating the Application Updates only first... then the profiles.

phototec

I'm not sure what message you got at the website. While we do have a serial number lookup tool that will allow you to verify warranty status for phone support, the screen you are referring to should also provide the link to the email support form, as well as links to the library of content for your specific device. From most screens in the support site, there is also a link to "Email Support" just under the top navigation bar. If you fill out the form, a tech will usually get back to you the same day. Your dealer might also be a good resource.

Yes, I completed the email support request right after posting on here, however I have still not received any help from Roland.

I have updated VW many times in the last 5 years, and never had any problems.

I just want Roland to explain why I'm now getting the ERROR.

CS-SignSupply

Another thing to try is to simply disconnect the network connection, reboot, re-connect and check for updates again. Sometimes DNS be the problem.

phototec

Another thing to try is to simply disconnect the network connection, reboot, re-connect and check for updates again. Sometimes DNS be the problem.

Bobby, your a genius---------Turned off the main power to the printer, disconnected the network connection, turned on main power, re-connected the network cable, and NOW VW is working again........Yea!

As mentioned, after the VW upgrade I kept getting error as shown below:

Attachments

• Error message (Printer disconnected) 8-30-14 after updating VersaWorks.jpg
    Error message (Printer disconnected) 8-30-14 after updating VersaWorks.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 259
  • Error message 8-24-14 after updating VersaWorks.jpg
    Error message 8-24-14 after updating VersaWorks.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 189