• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks Update - Where to download?

AlishaP

I recently purchased a VP540i which came with Versaworks 3.1 disc.
I am new to Roland and Versaworks so maybe this is user error but all the files I upload into this program the quality of the image declines dramatically.
Other than user error/technique/lack of understanding the program. I can also assume that this very outdated version of Versaworks is not helping.
I cannot download the newest version available on rolands website, as its not compatible with my machine but how do I download the newest available software that is compatiable? I have searched multiple times and keep coming up short. If anyone has a link or advice that would be greatly appreciated.

AlishaP

Thank you both, I did manage to update it to Versa 5.

Although still having issues with grainy results.

Continuing to troubleshoot today.

AlishaP

Is it actually printing poorly, or does it just look bad in the VW preview?
The preview appears fine but the print is grainy.
I have to turn the contrast all the way up to get a deep black but the orange is still distorted looking.
I have downloaded the media profile
I have printed on high density but it messes up my heads.
All of the heads are firing.
It must be coming from the file itself but I don't know how to fix that.. it is a AI file and when opened in illistrator looks perfect.
Not sure where the disconnect is.

Val47

You could try another file type like a pdf, or flatten it in PS and save it as a tiff or high quality jpg. Could also have something to do with the profile... What quality are you printing at?

AlishaP

You could try another file type like a pdf, or flatten it in PS and save it as a tiff or high quality jpg. Could also have something to do with the profile... What quality are you printing at?
I have tried many other file types
I have printed both on high quality and standard quality.

AlishaP

maybe upload a picture of what is getting printed out and a pic of whats in the file?
2 photos of the grainy prints on 2 different settings and a picture of the screen in illistrator as it will not upload the screenshot..

Attachments

• 20210801_161733.jpg
    20210801_161733.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 221
  • 20210801_161724.jpg
    20210801_161724.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 184
  • 20210801_162600.jpg
    20210801_162600.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 221

victor bogdanov

Have you tried different materials, profiles etc. You're just going to have to play around with materials and profiles until it looks good. I have a VS300 (I think one generation ahead of your printer ) and it is more grainy compared to my new SG2 where all colors look like colored vinyl with 0 grain.

truckgraphics

You can download updates from the Japanese roland

Go to the color section and select your printer

Also if you search on these forums someone has posted full versaworks download link for versa 5
Thank you Victor Bogdanov for sharing the information about Japanese Roland providing updated software. I was in a similar position to the OP, and never would have figured out how to update without your post.

For those who also find themselves in the same predicament and need to update their version of VersaWorks, you can also do it in the program:

In VersaWorks, Go to:
Edit(E)
Preferences(E)
Roland@NET
Click Check for Updates and Notify
Update Settings/Site Click Japan (MOST important)
Click Download Updates for ALL Languages
Click Download Media and Color Profiles
Click ALL Available Updates

That should do it. You can click for updating every time you turn on VersaWorks or not. I left mine off, but plan to check for updates regularly, but not everyday.

Also, I first had a compatibility issue, but reloaded my 4.50 disk and all worked. I'm on Version 5.51 now. Don't expect to get any higher.

Last edited:

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
I would also make sure your head alignment is perfect too, but like previously mentioned, you'll need to play around with profiles. Also have you tried going very slow, as I find on my SP-300V's, sometimes I need to go very slow to get the nice clean prints.

weyandsign

Media Type: Generic Vinyl 1, Print Quality: Standard, Halftone: Error Diffusion, Preset: Max Density U.S.
These are the one and only settings I have to use in Versaworks to not get the grainy results you are getting.