VersaWorks vs Flexisign RIP

Zardoz_Canada

New Member
I'm not sure if this have been covered here or not but I am wondering what everyones opinion was on these 2 RIP's.

Thanks,
Zardoz
 

Barry

New Member
Versaworks works fine, but it limits you to much. There are certian things you cannot change like head speed, pass count, etc. This keeps you from printing at your printers Maximum speed.

A lot of people love Flexi as a Rip program, but I have never been able to get as good of results as I get out of Wasatch SoftRip. Flexi Rip times are also about double the SoftRip rip times.

Im assuming you have a Roland Versacamm...
 

stopngo

New Member
Barry,


I'm looking into a new RIP and am considering the WASATCH Rip. Is there a supplier that you recommend?
 

Barry

New Member
Most printer dealers carry the Wasatch Rip or you can get it from Wasatch directly... There are some deals to be had by upgrading from your current software.

Upgrade from ColorRip = $1,495.00 Full Version
Roland Only Version = $1,497.50 Works only on Roland Machines
Full Version = $2995.00

So basically you can get the Roland only version for half the price... The Roland only version is full featured it only has the drivers for the Roland printers though.
 

Zardoz_Canada

New Member
Barry said:
Most printer dealers carry the Wasatch Rip or you can get it from Wasatch directly... There are some deals to be had by upgrading from your current software.

Upgrade from ColorRip = $1,495.00 Full Version
Roland Only Version = $1,497.50 Works only on Roland Machines
Full Version = $2995.00

So basically you can get the Roland only version for half the price... The Roland only version is full featured it only has the drivers for the Roland printers though.

So Barry,

what are you using for design software? Do you just export it out to the rip after designing?

Thanks,
Zardoz
 

Barry

New Member
For design I use a combination of Flexi & Corel, Both do different things better than the other. I then export as an .eps and load into ColorRip (Same as Wasatch SoftRip) and print.
 

TC49010

New Member
Barry said:
For design I use a combination of Flexi & Corel, Both do different things better than the other. I then export as an .eps and load into ColorRip (Same as Wasatch SoftRip) and print.


I have a couple questions in this area as well.
For the versacamm I can use corel to do the designs, export as eps and load into color rip and print. Now If I create a design in Paint Shop Pro do I save as esp or export as esp and load into ColorRip and print?

What do I do if the design I created in paintshop pro has areas that need cut in addiotion to printing, how would I do that?

Thanks,
Trixie
 

Barry

New Member
TC49010 said:
I have a couple questions in this area as well.
For the versacamm I can use corel to do the designs, export as eps and load into color rip and print. Now If I create a design in Paint Shop Pro do I save as esp or export as esp and load into ColorRip and print?

What do I do if the design I created in paintshop pro has areas that need cut in addiotion to printing, how would I do that?

Thanks,
Trixie

Normally I would save the file from photoshop as a high quality .tif or .jpg and then import into flexi and trace the object. Once you trace the object you can create a cutline around it and export as an eps.
 

Color Dude

New Member
Just to cover a point made earlier about VersaWorks. The head speed is adjustable, and pass count is adjustable. There are many adjustments in VersaWorks. But it is true, Flexi will utilize the printer more than the versawaorks rip will. I prefer Flexi, and I get outstanding color from Flexi compared to many other rips on the market. I get the opportunity to test different rips on the machine at my shop, so I can tell you this, Go with Flexi, you have the ability to design, print and cut all from the same software. And just a side note:

If the rip times have you down. Export your file as an EPS and drop it into the Production manager directly and print it. The rip times are much faster and the quality is way better. Make sure if your using the VersaCamm or SolJet printers, and using flexi. Make sure you export the file with a contour cut on the work, the production manager doesnt offer any adjustments for contour cut when droping jobs directly into it.

Just my 2 cents
 
Top