• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question VersaWorks with SP-540V

VersaWorks Profile Help

• unknown

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • unknown

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shepherd

Hello all!

I have been trying to deal with Versa Works by myself for a year now, and still have not figured this out.

Over a year ago I had a computer crash and had to load versa works onto another computer.

I have 2 major issues:

1) I cannot load new profiles. It says "This media file included a profile that cannot be used with the ink type of the current printer setting"
Yet I am using an Avery profile specific to the SP-540V.

2) I cant figure out how to get the print head to only travel over the print aread, as opposed to running the whole length of the machine for each path.

Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to take the time to help.

Cheers,

Shep

Attachments

• Avery profile-01.png
    Avery profile-01.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 266
  • Avery profile-01.png
    Avery profile-01.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 245

player

Hello all!

I have been trying to deal with Versa Works by myself for a year now, and still have not figured this out.

Over a year ago I had a computer crash and had to load versa works onto another computer.

I have 2 major issues:

1) I cannot load new profiles. It says "This media file included a profile that cannot be used with the ink type of the current printer setting"
Yet I am using an Avery profile specific to the SP-540V.

2) I cant figure out how to get the print head to only travel over the print aread, as opposed to running the whole length of the machine for each path.

Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to take the time to help.

Cheers,

Shep
Do you have the old original ink or the Max ink?

FrankW

Browse the printer menu to "Full width scan" ... switch to "off", and the printer will move the print head over the printed area only.

There are different ink types available for the printer: when the printer enters the market, there were the standard Eco-Sol-Ink available, a little bit later Eco-Sol-Max was introduced. Check if you download a profile which matches the ink setup of your printer. On the roland website, there should be profiles for both types of ink.

Shepherd

Browse the printer menu to "Full width scan" ... switch to "off", and the printer will move the print head over the printed area only.

There are different ink types available for the printer: when the printer enters the market, there were the standard Eco-Sol-Ink available, a little bit later Eco-Sol-Max was introduced. Check if you download a profile which matches the ink setup of your printer. On the roland website, there should be profiles for both types of ink.

Thank you sir,

I will try that post hast.

Shepherd

Do you have the old original ink or the Max ink?
I am using Grimco's in house brand "20/20" For Roland printers.

It doesn't specify what it is. But now that you have me thinking, I am going to call the guys at Grimco and ask.

Cheers

player

I am using Grimco's in house brand "20/20" For Roland printers.

It doesn't specify what it is. But now that you have me thinking, I am going to call the guys at Grimco and ask.

Cheers
I would not use "house brand" ink. The savings will not be as much as new heads and dampers and caps and ink lines. This just my opinion though. I have only used OEM and read about all the issues people have had over the years. I have no hands on experience.

Last edited:

FrankW

Independently of what ink you are using, the printer is configured to Eco-Sol or Max-ink. The SP540v doesn‘t read the chips om the cartridges. The profiles you download need to match the ink type set in the printer. You can see the ink type on the printer display when booting up.

player

Independently of what ink you are using, the printer is configured to Eco-Sol or Max-ink. The SP540v doesn‘t read the chips om the cartridges. The profiles you download need to match the ink type set in the printer. You can see the ink type on the printer display when booting up.
That's what I was getting at...