• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersCamm VS-540 offset setting

david6211

Hi,

Our shop cuts material for street signs using 3M EC Films. It seems that every time I swap a different color roll of material, the blade constantly drags causing poor cuts in the material. I need some help here because no one really can answer my question.
Thank....

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
We're going to need more info about what you mean by poor cuts. The blade offset setting is a fixed number that is a physical property of the blade. It is the distance between the center of the blade shaft and the tip of the blade. You should not need to change it unless you change the angle of your blade.

ayukish

Assuming you're using a 45 degree blade, your offset should be set to .25. Perform a test cut to make sure you are getting a clean square with sharp angles when you weed the circle out.

Your problem could be an overexposed blade. You should barely be able to see the tip of the blade. Most will tell you a credit card to half a credit card thickness. Roland tells you the thickness of the material plus half of the carrier. AKA, about half a credit card for most materials.

david6211

Assuming you're using a 45 degree blade, your offset should be set to .25. Perform a test cut to make sure you are getting a clean square with sharp angles when you weed the circle out.

Your problem could be an overexposed blade. You should barely be able to see the tip of the blade. Most will tell you a credit card to half a credit card thickness. Roland tells you the thickness of the material plus half of the carrier. AKA, about half a credit card for most materials.

I think that was the problem. We are using a 45 degree blade for the EC film. Cleaned the holder and reset the blade, everything looks good for now....thanks.

Last edited: