• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vertical Banding on Epson GS6000

mukie

Need advice on vertical banding on our Epson GS6000 when print image with gray and black background. It runs throughout the width of the image. Running Onyx Postershop 10. We tried changing the passes, drop size, profile, and still can not find the solution.

Please Help!

moddes

I had the same problem.

I am not sure if you still have this problem or not, but I have an Epson GS 6000 about 6 months old, and I just ran into the same thing. What finally fixed it was "cleaning the encoder strip". This was after all kinds of testing, different media, different profiles, relinerization and everything. Finally the 5th Epson Tech Support guy that I was setting up a service call with, suggested that I try cleaning the encoder strip, and that fixed it!

Good luck, and I hope that this helps anyone else that is having that dreaded vertical banding problem.

Last edited:

walkrite

I have the SAME PROBLEM

Tech from Epson (Decision One) spent several days here and replaced half the printer. Ended up saying it was our power supply into the building. I do not believe that, as we printed for months with no issues and nothing has changed, power wise.

Epson keeps dropping the prices on these machines- I believe they know something is wrong.

I own four Roland Xc-540's and wish I never bought the Epson. Going to sell it and take the loss..then buy another Roland. They are workhorses and we can perform maintenance and repairs ourselves, versus being held hostage waiting for the DO repair man.

Right now we have a 500 pound paper weight, or whatever this POS weighs.