• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Vertical banding

Dan360

Diffusers finally came in, put them in and not seeing any significant difference with the banding.

Advice on next steps? I'm still thinking it's something to do with the encoder.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Its not wet...just vertical tonal banding and relatively evenly spaced? Like a soft wave effect? Encoder strip then data/trailing Cable would be my next try at this...if those don't do it even the motor would need to be looked at..

Dan360

Yea it's like a wave effect but very evenly spaced, which almost makes me think it's something mechanical. The motor has been replaced since this started though.

I'll look into replacing the encoder strip and trailing cable.

Thanks

jordo

Hey Dan,

We are having the exact same issue that you were facing. Did you ever resolve it? Was it the encoder strip or trailing cable?

Thanks so much for any insight!

jordo

Yea it's like a wave effect but very evenly spaced, which almost makes me think it's something mechanical. The motor has been replaced since this started though.

I'll look into replacing the encoder strip and trailing cable.

Thanks
Hey Dan,

We are having the exact same issue that you were facing. Did you ever resolve it? Was it the encoder strip or trailing cable?

Thanks so much for any insight!

Dan360

I got it fixed but not sure what part it was. I had to do SMK3 on the printer and really cleaned everything while I had the printer apart. After I put it all back together, the problem went away.

I talked to my HP Tech and he wasn't sure either, might have just needed a really good cleaning.

jordo

Thanks for that Dan. I've neglected doing the SMK3, so I'm sure that probably is what I'm needing as well. Much appreciated.

Peter Martins

We have vertical banding in l28500.
I went nuts trying all sorts of stuff.

Then I noticed on a 2.3m wide print which was all black, that the banding was not across the whole width. The bit on the left hand side was good free of banding

The vacuum bed looked clean but I attacked it with various sharp pointy things. And cleaned out every hole vigorously

And it worked.