Vertical lines are grainy?

ikarasu

Good afternoon, Back again with another noob question!

Most of the stuff I'm learning as I go, and I can google... and search wonderful sites such as this one, but I think these terms are a bit to broad. It keeps bringing up banding lines... which I don't believe this is.

On my Seiko H2-74s, whenever theres a vertical line, it acts like it's overspraying or something (I don't think thats the cause since its just vertical though). I've messed with all the settings / tests I could find, and it always looks like garbage. It's not really a problem in big lines, or big prints or anything... but when I try to print a smallish decal, and pretty much every single cut mark... I get this. Horizontal for the most part is ok .

Theres 1 bad nozzle in black, and it's been replaced. I don't think it's a head issue - I've tested the media advance value... The PH Mech adjust was just done by a tech, so thats right. I'm out of ideas... Knowing me, it's something stupidly easy I'm just overlooking.

Thanks for reading / any help advice!

Attachments

• vertical.jpg
    vertical.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 107

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Looks like a bad bi-directional alignment to me. I don't have any experience with that printer but that's what it looks like when you don't get the alignments done just right on the printers I work on.

ikarasu

Looks like a bad bi-directional alignment to me. I don't have any experience with that printer but that's what it looks like when you don't get the alignments done just right on the printers I work on.

That was the first thing I tried. Granted I was working here for a week, and never touched a production printer before that when I did it , so i may have done it wrong.

Once this run is done, I'll play around with the indirection settings / alignment once more, see if that fixes it /.. or makes it worst/better.

Thanks

ikarasu

I had some time to play with it. I tried an automatic adjustment (prints a sample, then you enter values, and it'll put the settings into each quality). Also tried a manual adjustment... same thing. going to try printing uni-directional.. if it was a bidirectional issue, thatd fix it, wouldnt it?

Thanks for the help! The bi's were a little off, so I'm sure it needed to be done anyways :D