• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Very Disapointed In Flexi Service!!!!!!

RiXaX

I'm happy with Flexi 7.6 and find it working fine for me. WHat I'd like though is some utility that will convert years of Flexi and Casmate files into eps files that could be read by Corel if ever a change were to come.

EZAMORA

wow I was about to buy the new Flexi ,but now im not... i think im just going to get illustrator. thanks every one.

andy

I agree that you need to spend more to make money. But the key is to spend your money on the right things and in the right ways.

When Corel costs so little and does so much it really doesn't make sense to spend all that money on software which is worse performing.

The best corel version I've used is V12- that baby is ROCK solid.

GARY CULY

ezamora ,,,yea dont buy flexi because all of 20 people on HERE dont care for it ...dont think of the THOUSANDS that use it everyday and works just fine..they just dont post here how friggin wonderful it is ,,,
what im saying is ,,,even on machines,the posts that come on here are usually people having PROBLEMS...50 percent of those posts are USER problems,,,,,and the paople that dont care for it make sure they post about it every single time ..you hear isign or the big pros bashing flexi? read and put validity in the comments on here from the ACTIVEsignwriters,,,if we all used o.p.s methods we'd be still using ground up coal for our black fills....

N2Harpz

Flexi is an alright program.... it just ain't worth the $4000 they advertise it at. It should sell for $500 and maybe come with 3 dongles .... LOL

Flexi is the real software pirate here

GARY CULY

ill also comment of the PRICE ..i feel 4000.00 is too high also ...i had a omega trade -in deal ,,,1300.00 what i have in it .plus kept the omega dongle [just had to take a pic write down s.n. for proof ] it was a promo deal? to get customers i believe...it also reads my EDGEfiles that were all colored in to RIP.saved thousands of files and hours of converting to eps,,and the time re-filling....just wanted to mention that men

ok ill go in now im sure the stones will be flying in at me soon

N2Harpz

ok ill go in now im sure the stones will be flying in at me soon

LOL ............ wait till some guy tells how he got Flexi from his buddy's 15 year old nephew for free and doesn't need a dongle to run it. Then you will see lots of stones. There have been many discussions on that topic. It gets pretty heated.

Graphicholik3

Flexi 8 has more issues then a woman that has been divorced 5 times! It turns color management into a disaster! Try turning your color correction settings off & watch how the color improves! Also for better gradients in Flexi use the "Error Diffusion" mode. Thats what they say is the best mode to print with gradients & you shouldn't use another even if your profile is telling you that Error Diffusion is wrong.

As for Tech Support, I feel ya! What a disaster. I got news they are releasing a Service Pack for 8 here pretty soon. As for price & exact date I have no clue.

Matthew Scher

We are on the verge of releasing 8.5v2. This version will include several important fixes and should be available in a few days.

Matthew Scher

Going from v1 to v2, etc is always free. Always has been. This type of update is to fix bugs, and we have never charged to release a bug fix version.

Sure, when you go from 8.0 to 8.5 there is a charge, but that includes many new functions.

Graphics2u

It's Interesting that the people who complain about Flexi costing so much and all it's "Problems" are usually the same ones who are willing to buy a cracked copy! That's seen by this threads opening post. And does that help the costs? Yes the list price is too high but how many people have paid that ? Not many i would guess. There's always a deal to be made on upgrades or software that comes with your equipment.

Personally I like many of the features of Illustrator butr I can't stand it for designing and that's probably because I don't use it much. Flexi to me is a breeze, so easy to do things with all the special tools available. I have contacted support several times and always satisfied whether I had to pay for it or not.

Gary Curly is right when he said that you never hear from the people that are not having problems. Who takes the time to sit down and write post saying how impressed you are or how great your software or printer is working???? Very few!! So the poor guy that comes to the boards and reads all the negative about everything isn't really making an informed decision. He's making a decision on who is ticked off that day at their computer or printer. Not really fair.

Case in point - Daige laminator! You'll find 100 negative posts to every positive. But my Daige worked excellent for me and it did everything it should for what it costs. But you'd never know that from reading these boards.

Just my rant for the day!

oyy0

Great point.
I have always used Flexi and will not use another (other than the Adobe counterparts) cause I am just so used to its capability and ease of use.
Everyone has opinions... it happens.