• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Very Disapointed In Flexi Service!!!!!!

oliver5528

OK so I spent $1,995 on a second copy of flexi. The new version is 8.5 of coarse. I got it running after they sent me some more files to install. They had to convert the .icm profiles for my old cj500 so it would print correctly. While on the e-mail with tech support the person says "before I forget, We now charge for tech support but I can send you info on the extended tech support." That makes me mad that you spend all that money on a program that cant even give you tech support for free after 90 days. Makes me wonder why I even spent all that money on a legal copy. I would have rather spent a couple hundred buck on a cracked copy of 7.6 with no damn support. J. Nguyen was offering some sweet deals! Hahaha. Sorry gotta go, fingers hurt from typing this!!!

onesmf

Great timing for this post. I spent 30 minutes on hold seeking tech support today. After finally getting through to somebody, the "techie" advised me that he will look into the problem, but like you said, I would have to pay. Needless to say, I am still searching for a solution to my problem.

Techman

That makes me mad that you spend all that money on a program that cant even give you tech support for free after 90 days.

This is exactly why I use corel and cocut products. I was hostage long ago to a software package.. Never again..

But, it seems if one is diligent and prechecks for profiles and drivers first, and get them to include it in the package then it wouldn't be so bad.

If they don't include them then screw em and do not upgrade ever again..

Flame

The thing to do is getting Flexi working right on a computer, and DON'T TOUCH IT. No upgrades, no changes... nothing. Forget it. Leave it alone. After a few years and you've finally paid off the program, buy a new computer, CorelDraw and CoCut and have a nice little ceremony for Flexi. You know, stick it in the ground, cover it with gasoline, light it on fire, do a funky little dance all around it..... stuff like that.

That's my plan anyways. :cool1::thumb:

os101king

The thing to do is getting Flexi working right on a computer, and DON'T TOUCH IT. No upgrades, no changes... nothing. Forget it. Leave it alone. After a few years and you've finally paid off the program, buy a new computer, CorelDraw and CoCut and have a nice little ceremony for Flexi. You know, stick it in the ground, cover it with gasoline, light it on fire, do a funky little dance all around it..... stuff like that.

That's my plan anyways. :cool1::thumb:

I've already dug the hole... I even made a mask, spear and sheild for when I do my war dance around the fire. Anyone want to join in they're welcome, I'll post the date and location on the board. By then I'll probably have a few customers I'll want to throw in the fire as well.

DPD

I agree with Flame. I haven't upgraded my Windows XP since getting Flexi working. I"m afraid that an SP upgrade or the like will ruin flexi.

flyinhawaiian968

Heh, I remember Flexi 4.3, think that's the last time I ever used that POS program!

Used to love the Corel plugin for my Roland CX300, but one day (in the middle of a job, of course!) it just refused to ever work again. Called Tech Support and they advised to upgrade to Cut Studio. Bought it, installed it, hated it at first, but now that I know how to use it, it works perfect.

I dont' think I'd ever, EVER buy a Flexi product, the company just LOVES to create updates so they can continue to make money. I swear they come up with a new version every few months!!! There just can't be that many breakthroughs in the software to warrant a full version twice a year!!!

Chris

dclet

This is exactly why I use corel and cocut products. I was hostage long ago to a software package.. Never again..

yup.

Flexi is a horrendous, bloated piece of poop....

Corel, Corel, Corel.

S

Sign-Man Signs

I have fought the dongle key issue with Flexi, now to the end. I have Corel 12. What do I need to purchase to rip and cut for a Mutoh? Hate dropping Flexi, but they seem to have abandoned the end user.
:thread

iSign

I have to wonder when people will realize that making money refers to what you keep at the end of the day, and spending money is part of how you get it done.... and if people spent more time making money and less time worrying about every time they have to spend some... they would make more then they ever made before... it just don't freakin' matter that much that other people want to make money too.

signman1

support

You have 90 days of free tech support from when you bought the product. So if they are telling you that you have to pay, it's because you called after the 90 days. If not then you should ask to speak to the manager.

Arstron

I have been using flexi for a few years now and I havnt had any problems out of it, my one and only complaint with it has been the auto trace, but I have linux programs to take care of that for me. I have to admit though, if I could find a rip program that would work with linux, flexi and windows would be of no use to me.

peavey123

Yes they tried to charge me for tech support before also! WTF?!

We are now phasing flexi out completely. We purchased a new roland VP 540 which means we would have to purchase the new flexi. I was able to convince my boss to just get rid of flexi and just use Illustrator and photoshop and ocassionally corel. SO he's scared because he doesn't know how to use illustrator or corel but i'm pumped!

choucove

We've had a lot of problems with Flexi, especially in the latest versions. With all these troubles, it's obvious we need to think of another alternative. However, some of the guys at our shop were really worried as they thought we were planning to just instantly stop using Flexi right away and switch overnight to something else. The fact is, that just doesn't happen. Yes, it's best to work around and test the waters of what else is out there, practice with it, and hope people can become less dependent upon Flexi so we don't have to continue with the spiral cycle of pouring more and more money in for software that is less and less stable, and suppor that becomes worse and worse. But for us it's just something that will take the next year, or more, to begin slowly growing away from Flexi.

Fuzzbuster

I have fought the dongle key issue with Flexi, now to the end. I have Corel 12. What do I need to purchase to rip and cut for a Mutoh? Hate dropping Flexi, but they seem to have abandoned the end user.
:thread

If you want to do some REAL printing get ONYX and be done
Color management second to none

from experience:thumb:

cheers

GTSTech_1

No need to buy a rip for the Mutoh printer. It comes with a Rip....Mutoh SE edition(flexi production manager). It does not have ICC profling ability. You get a watered down version of Onyx with the VJ-2606 (100").

Columbia Signs

Corel & CoCut!

Started with CorelDraw 3, upgraded to 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 and I've never had a problem. 9 and 13 have been my favorites.

I looked at Flexi REAL long at ISA, I still can not see why people buy this program?