• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VG2 Captop replacement

WESTERNSIGNCO.

Anyone know how hard the captops are to install on the VG2 printer? Iv done them in the past on prior Roland’s and it wasn’t very hard. Not sure if the newer models are any different or about the same process?

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
It's a little different, but not too difficult. I've shown many customers how to do it. Here's how I do it...
1. Move the carriage over the platen
2. Move the capping station platform to the right to disengage it from the base.
3. - optional and I don't do it, but the manual says to... disengage the spring on the left - I think this is unnecessary and the spring is a pita to get back on.
4. Do one cap at a time - while you have the platform up, remove the tubing from the cap top if you have black tubing going to the pump - earlier models have a clear tubing with an elbow joint. If you have the elbow joint, remove the tube that goes up to the cap top from the elbow joint.
5. Put the platform back on the base
6. Remove the back screw from the cap top that you just freed from the line. Loosen the front screw.
7. The cap top holder will now slide back and forth - hold the cap top down so you don't loose either of the two springs under the cap top - slide the cap forward to release the rear tab. Slide the cap back to release the front tab and pull the cap up, making sure the springs don't go flying.
8. The new cap will come with a clear tube. If you have clear tubing, leave it on, it will attach to the elbow below. If you have black tubing, remove the short clear tube. The black tubing will connect directly to the nipple on the bottom of the cap top.
9. Replace the cap top in reverse from taking it out. Secure both screws. Lift the cap platform and attach the tubing.
10. Move to the next cap top - rinse and repeat.

Good Luck

spooledUP7

It's a little different, but not too difficult. I've shown many customers how to do it. Here's how I do it...
1. Move the carriage over the platen
2. Move the capping station platform to the right to disengage it from the base.
3. - optional and I don't do it, but the manual says to... disengage the spring on the left - I think this is unnecessary and the spring is a pita to get back on.
4. Do one cap at a time - while you have the platform up, remove the tubing from the cap top if you have black tubing going to the pump - earlier models have a clear tubing with an elbow joint. If you have the elbow joint, remove the tube that goes up to the cap top from the elbow joint.
5. Put the platform back on the base
6. Remove the back screw from the cap top that you just freed from the line. Loosen the front screw.
7. The cap top holder will now slide back and forth - hold the cap top down so you don't loose either of the two springs under the cap top - slide the cap forward to release the rear tab. Slide the cap back to release the front tab and pull the cap up, making sure the springs don't go flying.
8. The new cap will come with a clear tube. If you have clear tubing, leave it on, it will attach to the elbow below. If you have black tubing, remove the short clear tube. The black tubing will connect directly to the nipple on the bottom of the cap top.
9. Replace the cap top in reverse from taking it out. Secure both screws. Lift the cap platform and attach the tubing.
10. Move to the next cap top - rinse and repeat.

Good Luck
Freakin boss answer!