• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VG540 Cutting problems. The printer heads are not staying in the capping area

Using VW dual to do the job

The printer will print out the job and then go back into the capping station
Then the cutter and the heads will come out to cut the job. It causing a motor error to happen during the job

Has this happen to anyone?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'm not sure how the new models are handling this but most other Roland printers would fix this by running the limit position initialization in the service menu.

-Fusion

Have you had any issues with alignment? I can't get mine to stay aligned for more than 12" of media....

And I haven't had this happen to me. I have had 6 motor errors and when I called the Techs they said this has been an issue with these.

Have you had any issues with alignment? I can't get mine to stay aligned for more than 12" of media....

And I haven't had this happen to me. I have had 6 motor errors and when I called the Techs they said this has been an issue with these.

I do but I think its more of a VW dual problem than a printer problem.
Let's say i have a small decal 5x5 that I need 200 of. If I upload a single version of it to VWdual and then repeat its... the cut line is almost always off for 85% of the decals.

NOW if I sent it to VWdual as one large file with all copies in one file. Never a problem

Using VW dual to do the job

The printer will print out the job and then go back into the capping station
Then the cutter and the heads will come out to cut the job. It causing a motor error to happen during the job

Has this happen to anyone?

Hey houseofgrafix,

VanderJ (above) is correct, the limit initialize will likely help, but only Roland authorized dealers have the procedure to perform that correction. Please contact your Roland dealer ASAP to discuss getting this issue resolved. They may have to go onsite to handle this for you (and possibly tune up the printer. e.g. wire/belt tension adjustments, etc).

If you want to continue the conversation with Roland directly, it's recommended that you complete our support submission form so we can create a support ticket for you. Go here to submit your info: Product Support Form | Roland

We look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn