• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Video Cards which one to buy!

rcook99

I am looking at adding another 22" monitor and started looking at video cards but my head started spinning.:omg: You can spend a few $ on up to a very large amount of $, so my question is which one would you suggest to buy? I currently run an NVIDIA Geforce in my XPS 410 that I would be replacing. Thanks in advance for the help.

RC

choucove

If you are looking to run two larger sized monitors (20+") I would suggest running them off of DVI if possible. Check for a video card that has two DVI out connectors and they should be capable of running two monitors side-by-side. I prefer nVidia video cards personally, I've never had difficulties with any of them. For the price, AMD/ATI graphics are very good though, no doubt.

If you are doing design work, I would suggest looking at the nVidia Quadro line of professional video cards. They are built specifically for that type of work, and while they may cost slightly more than matching desktop counterparts, they offer better support, better compatibility with designing software and tasks, and still all the bang that you could possibly need! I've built numerous computer systems running the nVidia Quadro FX570 card.

Wildpony

I agree with the nVidia video cards. I think I have a 6500ish and an 8500ish. Both working great

blackicefx

I'm running a Nvidia Geforce 9600GT in one of my machines and an Nvidia Geforce 9800GT. Best two cards I have ever used. I have dual dvi's on my 9800 so I am currently running a 19" standard ratio monitor and a 22" widescreen monitor off of it.

Matthew
BlackIceFX

cptcorn

adad
All the cards mentioned are geared towards gaming.... If you have the cash, get a nvidia quadro gpu....

choucove

All the cards mentioned are geared towards gaming.... If you have the cash, get a nvidia quadro gpu....

+1 here for me, as I mentioned above. I've been incredibly impressed with the quality of the Quadro cards. Pretty much any of the quadro cards will handle dual monitors without a problem. The newest generation has support for DisplayPort, which I haven't seen common in any monitors yet, but seems like systems may be heading that way...