• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vintage Posters

TXsignguy

I'm looking for a source for hi res vintage posters and artwork like the one in the link below.

http://www.art.com/products/p10123479-sa-i2042646/coppa-ginori-auto-race-florence.htm

I see a lot of sites offering this exact print for sale and was hoping to find the source file. Is there a company like Getty that manages these vintage images?

I've already done a search of this site and in the past it looks like this never got an answer. Hopefully someone has some insite now.

TXsignguy

Pat, yes that's one of the first sites that comes up when you search for vintage posters but it's only has a small selection and doesn't have any of the popular posters. Mostly just the second and third tier quality posters.

rjssigns

What are you trying to accomplish? IMO most of the good original art has been scarfed up by print shops.

You may be further ahead to hire a starving artist or two and produce unique, copyrighted work in the same vein.

Something else to consider:

A local college professor quit teaching because he makes so much money selling prints of unique old photos. The photos come from the Library of Congress archives. He makes enough that he has a full time researcher in D.C. scouring for product.

nikdoobs

If you can't find what you are looking for on stock image sites you're probably gonna have to buy the poster and scan it in.

TXsignguy

The client doesn't want original artwork, they have a few particular pieces in mind that they have seen on sites like art.com. They want it as a very large prints in their office.