• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl adhesion to screen print ink?

skyhigh

Can anyone tell me how well adhesive vinyl (engineer grade reflective to be specific) sticks to a full cover coat of screen print ink?

These are metal realtor signs that were skinned with reflective vinyl, then screened printed . When they were screen printed, instead of leaving a blank area to put the agents phone number, they put a black box where they would like white reflective vinyl phone numbers put into that area.

Any input would be appreciated.

skyhigh

ps. We have only seen a picture of these. They are yet to arrive from the manufacturer.

How many of the 51 views to this thread thought to themselves......why doesn't he throw a piece of vinyl on there and test it himself?

ya'all have a super day.

Marie

We have applied calendered cut vinyl to screen printed coro without any issues. Reflective vinyl usually sticks aggressively so that is in your favor. I would be more concerned about the transfer tape pulling up some of the printed black.

skyhigh

I would be more concerned about the transfer tape pulling up some of the printed black.

Transfer tape would never lift the ink. If it did, then you have bigger problems.

As for your calendered vinyl to coro...... how long did they last?

thanks Marie.

Marie

I think they used those signs for about a year, then their logo changed and they ordered new ones.

petepaz

as already mentioned above...
as long as the ink is cured properly should not be a problem and reflective for some reason has a more aggressive adhesive than standard vinyls (at least the reflective we use anyway)