• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl and Lam recommendations for Real Estate Signs

rickmdc

I'd appreciate a recommendation on a decent Vinyl and Lam to use for real estate signs. I've been using the inexpensive Orafol 3640M vinyl and still havent quite figured out which lam to use. I'm happy to upgrade vinyl material and hear out what your recommendations are. I am not sure if I need anything super high-grade like for vehicle wraps, but I could be wrong. I'm printing using an eco-sol printer and laminating by hand using a mechanical/manual laminator roller (business hasn't grown to where I can afford an electrical laminator yet). Any help and advice is appreciated!

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I'd appreciate a recommendation on a decent Vinyl and Lam to use for real estate signs. I've been using the inexpensive Orafol 3640M vinyl and still havent quite figured out which lam to use. I'm happy to upgrade vinyl material and hear out what your recommendations are. I am not sure if I need anything super high-grade like for vehicle wraps, but I could be wrong. I'm printing using an eco-sol printer and laminating by hand using a mechanical/manual laminator roller (business hasn't grown to where I can afford an electrical laminator yet). Any help and advice is appreciated!
Since realtors always like deals, I give them the option of waiting and I send them out to firesprint to print. I make them buy in bulk in order to do it.
24x36 signs are a decent price through firesprint.

Brandon708

Use the cheapest laminate you can find. In my experience they change brokerages before they can get full use out of their signs.

Doing political signs is good money as long as you are paid in full before doing any work
Do you guys get burnt on those types of signs a lot?
They are our most reliable customers. Tons of yard signs, banners, and bumperstickers. I cannot remember ever having a problem with payment. Insane due dates galore, but they are always willing to pay extra for the RUSH.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
we do a GF203 with a matching matte lamination (can't remember which one it is, it's $240+ per roll for a 54x150) or sometimes use Oracal 210 matte lam for our PVC real estate inserts (3mm pvc) and double sided for sale signs (6mm pvc).

rickmdc

If you're just making corrugated signs why even laminate?
I'm making ACM and aluminum signs for the hanging sign panels. I assumed it was good to laminate ALL outdoor signage, even corrugated. Is that not the case? Thanks for the tips, i'm still learning!

rickmdc

Maybe once my shop grows more! I was in the executive department of the largest real estate company in the US, 90% of my business relationships over the past 10 years are with brokers and realtors, so i can't afford to not do it at the moment haha. Maybe as I grow, I can expand into other industries. I figured I would stick with this niche since thats where I know the most people.

bdw99

I'm making ACM and aluminum signs for the hanging sign panels. I assumed it was good to laminate ALL outdoor signage, even corrugated. Is that not the case? Thanks for the tips, i'm still learning!
Is it good yes but not always needed. Especially with corrugated signs which are meant for temporary use. Coro will give out faster than vinyl so laminate is just a waste of time and money.