• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl "blistering" in printer- L25500

The only solution I found was to use 3M IJ180 haha. I just finally realized certain printers like certain materials better. But as of right now I'm not printing anything because the printer is broken, again.

jayhawksigns

I've never had blistering in vinyl once the printer cleared the first few inches of the media, but even then it was heat setting related. There are more then just settings for dying and curing temps so something else might be off in your RIP.

We just upgraded to Flexi 12 and our L25500 started blistering in the first six inches in one particular spot and then it would clear up after the initial heat up cycle was finished. Something in the new installation of Flexi "broke" a setting that I had adjusted in the previous version.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

StevenGC

Used to use Avery 2902 removable but the blistering became unbearable. Drytac Spoton is our new removable vinyl of choice. Some cheaper calendered vinyl tends to warp because of the high heat (using a Latex 260) so we tend to add a little bleed around cut lines with print/cut jobs. Higher end cast vinyls work much better. Oracal 3165 has been running okay for us. Not a fan of their ICC profile for our printer... HP Gloss Adhesive profile is faster and a bit more accurate color wise. No blistering, they have an air egress version as well- fairly inexpensive too!