• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl brand suggestion

aytact

Hi,

We wish to print on vinyl with our wide format printer.

Could you suggest brands for clear and matt vinyl please?

Thank you

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
I've lately become a big fan of Substance vinyl, plus as a bonus it's made in the USA

Our shop uses the 3M Controltac 40C-10R as a staple for white - I think there is a matte version, 20R perhaps? Just make sure it's suitable for your printer. I have a Latex printer. I'm still trying to find a good clear myself.

JBurton

Signtologist
Best economy grade clear, arlon 4500G Clear (gotta specify clear, also comes in trans white).
Best cast clear for the price is arlon DPF 6000RP Clear.
Matte print media is kinda silly. You want to run a matte laminate over what you've printed to achieve a consistent finish. Arlon also makes a fine laminate, their satin is closer to 3m's matte, while their matte is super flat. 3420 satin and 3220 matte are what I keep handy, 3420 for general and 3220 when cast is needed.

Still haven't tried substance out personally, but hear plenty of folks liking it.