• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl crackle/wrinkle problem

PS Reklame

Hi

A customer of ours came in with his 2 vans we wrapped about 4 years ago with Avery SWF Orange. The WHOLE van's vinyl is crackled ( looks like a dried-up lake) regardless whether it's the roof, bonnet or wheel arches. See attached.

Never seen this before. Anyone have any ideas/theories?

Otherwise the actual wrapping is as it was delivered with no signs of loosening or fading.

Cheers
Ian

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 279
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 246
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 225
  • D.jpg
    D.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 232

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Wow, for Norway that's not great. Avery claim 10 year vertical and 5 year horizontal on plain coloured SWF for that warranty zone.

PS Reklame

Wow, for Norway that's not great. Avery claim 10 year vertical and 5 year horizontal on plain coloured SWF for that warranty zone.

Yes, but our Avery supplier will say the vinyl was treated with some sort of cleaning solution so I need to know if anyone has any experience with this and what the cause was.