• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl curls waves direct after print

SLShop

Since it's been getting colder, we've had enormous problems with our vinyl, the beginning and end are extremely wavy right after printing, which makes laminating and later cutting very difficult or even impossible. We've already changed our heater settings from 40 to 30 no improvement even after that laminating it remains wavy which means that our summa cant read the Marks and cut just Bad we use orajet 3164 with oraguard 210 as a printer a cjv 30

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If the room you store the vinyl in gets cold at night and then you warm it up on the printer, the different layers of the vinyl, adhesive, and backer are going to expand at different rates which makes it wavy. You would want to store the vinyl in a warmer place in that case.

unmateria

Hi! Just store the printing media in the same room 24/48h before. Dont store vertically either. Its much better from inside the roll. In some shops is better to stop printer heaters too if that room is too cold. But usually with this, it works

productos2.jpg

SLShop

Okay in our Shop we Get 45% humadity and 21c temp I nomaly let the roll in the printer but seems to be better to take them out and place in an warm room I testet to print without heater everything off perfect no curl but the print looks a bit grainy if I switch heater to 20/20/20 He begins to curl on the post heater

unmateria

Okay in our Shop we Get 45% humadity and 21c temp I nomaly let the roll in the printer but seems to be better to take them out and place in an warm room I testet to print without heater everything off perfect no curl but the print looks a bit grainy if I switch heater to 20/20/20 He begins to curl on the post heater
Yes, you need different density linearization for such different temperatures if you dont want "grains" (or reduce ink limit when heater off).

Now we have always 45/55% and above 20C all the year on the room since its under earth and never had that problems again. Years ago was a pain in the ass because it was a 120m2 room bad isolated and sometimes it was a 3C