• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Cutter is acting up

rcmike76

I am not even sure how to describe what is going on. I am attaching pictures to show you what the vinyl should look like (Software screen shot) and what the vinyl cutter actually cut. So here is what I have tried so far to fix this:
Called and worked with tech support from US cutter for an hour.
Reinstalled software
Updated the software
updated the driver
Tightened the belts on my cutter
made sure there were not any extra lines in my files
Changed out the knife holder and it is the aluminum knife holder instead of plastic now.
It is not just this file. I have tried several files and everyone is either overlapping the cuts, moving the cuts and/or not closing the cuts.
Downloaded and used VinylMaster Demo to cut the same file. Both vinyls ended up looking identical. All sorts of jacked up.
Any help is appreciated

vinyl cut bad.jpg vinyl cut supposed to be.JPG

Pippin Decals

thats very strange...What software are you using ? can you by chance send me the file and ill see what it does on my end? ill send you my email. Sometimes we miss something when we get aggravated lol.. Ive done it... lol....I use scalps4pro and love it joined with ai.Perfect combo and flawless.. Sent you a PM..

I am not even sure how to describe what is going on. I am attaching pictures to show you what the vinyl should look like (Software screen shot) and what the vinyl cutter actually cut. So here is what I have tried so far to fix this:
Called and worked with tech support from US cutter for an hour.
Reinstalled software
Updated the software
updated the driver
Tightened the belts on my cutter
made sure there were not any extra lines in my files
Changed out the knife holder and it is the aluminum knife holder instead of plastic now.
It is not just this file. I have tried several files and everyone is either overlapping the cuts, moving the cuts and/or not closing the cuts.
Downloaded and used VinylMaster Demo to cut the same file. Both vinyls ended up looking identical. All sorts of jacked up.
Any help is appreciated

View attachment 117446 View attachment 117447

rcmike76

Yes there are a few unjoined lines. Because the cut is going everywhere.

I exploded the graphic apart and made sure there are not any hidden lines.
This is happening with all of my cuts not just this one single project.

rcmike76

thats very strange...What software are you using ? can you by chance send me the file and ill see what it does on my end? ill send you my email. Sometimes we miss something when we get aggravated lol.. Ive done it... lol....I use scalps4pro and love it joined with ai.Perfect combo and flawless.. Sent you a PM..

I am using the "Sure Cuts A Lot 3 Pro" that came with the cutter.

Pippin Decals

contact craftedge.com and ask for a deal on the upgrade to 4 pro..I got my upgrade for free lol..when i told them i just bought sclaps3pro from uscutter ( Which I did actually ) i didnt know sclaps4pro was out and the next thing you know i have an email with the upgrade and serial lol..Surprised me for sure

floater302

This is a long shot, but if you are using vinylmaster and you vectorized a image and the image was under 100 dpi it will do this, i always resample my images before i vectorize them, its a long shot but worth looking into.