• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Cutting Software

JLD984

Does anybody know of a cheap/free program to run a vinyl cutter from Windows 7? I run FlexiSign from a Windows partition on my iMac but it won't install on the Windows laptop I run my printer from. I do all my artwork in Illustrator and export it so any software should do. Thanks.

JLD984

GCC Jaguar. The problem is I use Mac Illustrator but the Mac operating system doesn't recognise the vinyl cutter so I use a Windows partition to cut. I need to cut from a Windows laptop but FlexiSign won't install on Windows 7.

Tim Aucoin

The problem is I use Mac Illustrator but the Mac operating system doesn't recognise the vinyl cutter so I use a Windows partition to cut. I need to cut from a Windows laptop but FlexiSign won't install on Windows 7.

I had the same issue with Illustrator on my Mac trying to cut to my GX640. Purchased the lifetime license for SignCut ($348 is extremely reasonable if you ask me). Works like a charm now. Excellent cutting software. There is a little story to go with this though...
At first, I just tried the SignCut demo and it had every cutter under the sun except the GX640 listed to choose from. I liked the software, but with no support for my cutter, what was the use? I called tech support and immediately got a call back. Within 5 days, they had written a driver for the GX640 and provided me with an updated trial version to install and it worked perfectly! At this point, I knew they were going to be a great company to work with, so I didn't hesitate to purchase! I had a few hiccups in learning the software and their customer support was FANTASTIC! I believe they are located in Sweden or somewhere over there?) I get the same support tech each time I call and any little questions I have had (regardless of how mundane they seemed to me) were addressed quickly and professionally. This little program has been a gem! :thumb:

JLD984

Thanks for your replies and sorry for the delay. That's good to know but what I need is any program to run my cutter from the windows laptop as I don't have space for the cutter in my new office where the mac is. I export the file from Illustrator so all I need is software to cut it but obviously I don't want to spend much on it as I print most of my work these days.