• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VInyl Express Q160 Cutting problems???

Shift Designs

for some reason my VInyl Express Q160 when it cuts, the end of the cut does not match back up with the starting point. This is with regular cutting or contour cutting stickers. Does anyone have any recommendation of what it could be?

401Graphics

media slipping? offset is set wrong? Check your cutters manual and see if there is anything that can be adjusted.

Shift Designs

i think it is offset, because it is consistent. The offset would not be the arms setting would it? is there another offset adjustment. I checked the arms settiings and it is hitting dead on.

Shift Designs

i checked the media, its def not slipping. Are either one of you familiar with q160 menu. The manual i have does not have a lot of detail. SIgn warehouse hasnt been alot of help

Jim Doggett

i checked the media, its def not slipping. Are either one of you familiar with q160 menu. The manual i have does not have a lot of detail. SIgn warehouse hasnt been alot of help

Hi Shift,

Are you returning to the zero-point to do a double-cut, or something? Also, how long is the run?

Thanks,

Jim / SignWarehouse

Shift Designs

This is happening with every cut. Going to flexi, make a circle, qty 4, all circles do not meet back up at starting point. Happens with plain lettering. And yes i have check output compensation in flexi. Still a no go.

Jim Doggett

This is happening with every cut. Going to flexi, make a circle, qty 4, all circles do not meet back up at starting point. Happens with plain lettering. And yes i have check output compensation in flexi. Still a no go.

Oh!! Incomplete cuts. That sounds like a blade issue, either the offset being out-of-whack, or more likely, the blade holder is worn.

How long have you had the cutter? (read: how old is the blade holder, and how heavily used?)

Shift Designs

I tried a new blade, thats not it. Cutter has some time on it. Can you tell me how to check the offset, before buying a blade holder. Is this in the arms system. I have printed out crosshairs, and used the pen and that whole deal. They match fine. I thought that was only for contour cutting.

Thanks for the help.

Shift Designs

i turned off the overcut. The cut of the circle now meets at the bottom, but leaves a piece still connected. Does this give a hint to anyone?

Jim Doggett

Shift Designs said:
when i do a contour cut. same issue. cut does not meet back up to match

Sounds like a bad holder. If it's a couple years old, it is almost certainly the culprit, given what you're describing.