• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Express R series

laidbackjo

hello im new to the whole vinyl cutting and have been trying to research programs as i just purchased from someone a vinyl r series but didnt come with the cutting program i do have inkscape which i managed to get the hang of of was able to transfer my images to a svg files but the lady i purchased from said she could not find the program it came with now ive been stuck because i cant afford to pay 500 for the LXI program was trying to find any free dowloads i dont mind purchasing Flexi but not sure whats the difference between versions i seen they have a 19.99 then a monthly subsc. of 49.99 buts whats the difference? i do want to able to cut my images and learn and go from there thanks! any info is greatly appreciated.

Jamie0075

sign warehouse has a clearance section with a new R31 and LXI Expert software for around $200 ( or they did the last time I looked ) it’s crazy how you can buy the machine and software cheaper than just the software

Bleemus

I have been using Vinylmaster Pro for three weeks and have to say I love it. Got it for $300 on a crossgrade offer. I havent opened Inkscape or Roland Cut Studio since I got it.

IsItFasst

I started using the LXI software back in the day because it came with my first machine. Since it was just a house brand of Flexi it was easy to make the switch when I started doing digital prints years later. I would compare all the options each has and figure out what your "must haves" are compared to what you can do without. I know when I started out the cheapest version of LXI didn't have the ability to auto-trace so I ended up upgrading to the better version. I know with Flexi Cloud, which is what I run now, I just pay the $50 a month and it does everything I need and then some. They may have a cheaper version if you don't do digital prints as I know they have a cheaper version if you are just using the software for designing and not hooked up to a plotter/printer.

RebeckaR

Give this software a look and see if it will support your machine. The price is great, and it has basic functionality.
EasyCutStudio.com
They have a long list of machines that they profess to be compatible with, so maybe yours is on the list.
I was asked give a review of the software so I downloaded and futzed around a little bit. It would get you started for a reasonable price.
Good luck!

Rebel Graphics

Just pay sign warehouse the $200 for the plotter and it comes with software.... no need to pay monthly fees if you dont have sales yet

laidbackjo

I started using the LXI software back in the day because it came with my first machine. Since it was just a house brand of Flexi it was easy to make the switch when I started doing digital prints years later. I would compare all the options each has and figure out what your "must haves" are compared to what you can do without. I know when I started out the cheapest version of LXI didn't have the ability to auto-trace so I ended up upgrading to the better version. I know with Flexi Cloud, which is what I run now, I just pay the $50 a month and it does everything I need and then some. They may have a cheaper version if you don't do digital prints as I know they have a cheaper version if you are just using the software for designing and not hooked up to a plotter/printer.
Curious have you tried any other then flexi? do you recommend it i would be uploading my images i wouldnt be doing any digital prints just making my iimages and texts for t shirt heat press.

laidbackjo

Give this software a look and see if it will support your machine. The price is great, and it has basic functionality.
EasyCutStudio.com
They have a long list of machines that they profess to be compatible with, so maybe yours is on the list.
I was asked give a review of the software so I downloaded and futzed around a little bit. It would get you started for a reasonable price.
Good luck!
Thanks for the recomentaion Rebecka i did download the demo version as i seen it is compatable with my cutter just was not wokring even with the test cut but im hoping to get it resolved you cant beat the one time fee of 59.95 not bad!