• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl for fire extinguisher

berthomier

Hi everyone,
I have to make a few labels on silver vinyl for fire extinguishers for a company.
The labels they used to order had a special property.
If you write on it with a pen with a slight pressure, even if the ink disappeared under bad conditions, the date could still be seen like if it was engraved.
Do you have any idea what kind of vinyl could be used for this kind of application?
Thanks a lot.
PS: Sorry if I'm not totally clear but my mother tongue is french and may have a littles difficulties in English.

Bill Modzel

It's actually a adhesive backed aluminum foil. We screen print them for a number of companies who either type or write their serial numbers on them.

G

Ginger

I believe the material you are referring to is sold by Hyatt's Sign Supply, but I can't think of the name or find it on their website. Might try giving them a call.

berthomier

Thanks for the info,
As I only have small quantities to print , it's not worth ordering it to new caledonia.
Thanks again for the quick response.