• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl for flat surfaces, just how flat?

VicoDrive

I have a couple rolls (and seen others online) that are meant mainly for flat surfaces. Just how flat are they allowed to be used on? Does it have to be as flat as the side of a tractor trailer or is something like the slight curve of a vehicles door ok as well?

S

spmracing

As for flat veichle doors, it depends if you're trying to get it jamed in the window seams and wrapped around the edges.. as for a flat decal in the center of the door it will be fine, but i wouldn't wrap a whole door.

VicoDrive

As for flat veichle doors, it depends if you're trying to get it jamed in the window seams and wrapped around the edges.. as for a flat decal in the center of the door it will be fine, but i wouldn't wrap a whole door.

Generally Im just doing logo decals. So it sounds like as long as I am not doing extreme curves like whats generally done with a full wrap, I should be ok

mudmedia

Give the client what they pay for and do not skimp on materials when it comes to vehicles. Buying / using the proper materials will go A LONG WAY down the road and you will have a much happier customer in the end that will keep coming back.

Cole Not Cold

Generally Im just doing logo decals. So it sounds like as long as I am not doing extreme curves like whats generally done with a full wrap, I should be ok

We use Intermediate Calendered Vinyl intended for flat surfaces for partial wraps and decals and it's worked fine for us.