• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl for pads

Hello I have a strange request.
Customer wants to put some advertising on hockey border patrol pads. Attached are some photos. Any recommendations. They would be a permanent installation so removable adhesive is not needed.
Thank you
CF8B3664-49F0-4332-A31F-B831CADD7B26.jpeg
1F19E600-3636-4757-85BA-0DC96A630470.jpeg

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I'd probably use a low surface energy vinyl like General Formulations 201-HTAP. Once that stuff sticks for a few hours, it really doesn't like coming back off.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I would assume a high tac vinyl, in the brand your printer capabilities work with. We've had a couple flavors on deck, oracle and 3m for our ecosolvent printers. Best thing to do would sample test what you've got if you can. Seems like a lower energy surface? you'll need a lot of "grab" with the adhesive.

I would assume a high tac vinyl, in the brand your printer capabilities work with. We've had a couple flavors on deck, oracle and 3m for our ecosolvent printers. Best thing to do would sample test what you've got if you can. Seems like a lower energy surface? you'll need a lot of "grab" with the adhesive.
Ok thank you I was thinking the same thing.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Thank you. I think high tack is the winner here.
High tack and low energy in this context are pretty much the same thing. It's not low energy vinyl, it's vinyl for low energy surfaces. I used Oracal 3164HT on some mudflaps that absolutely nothing would stick to and, as far as I know, it's still on 3 years and counting.

Mr. Signboy

High tack and low energy in this context are pretty much the same thing. It's not low energy vinyl, it's vinyl for low energy surfaces. I used Oracal 3164HT on some mudflaps that absolutely nothing would stick to and, as far as I know, it's still on 3 years and counting.
I also use Oracal 3164HT for printing decals that are applied to ports pottys and it works pretty well. 3M IJ39 is another good option, I use it for walls that have been painted with low VOC paint and it does well.

ikarasu

Another vote for 3164ht.

That stuff is like super glue... Only vinyl we've found that will stick to plywood with just an undercoat on it.

I did a bunch of 4 ft decals for a school on gym mats... They've held up for over a year now.