• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl for windows

msenjur

This guy is asking, where he could get these kind of decals? Vinyl should be able to stick in the back of the window. So, print must be on the same side.

I heard, that solvent printer cant do this kind of print. What printer can? And how does it do it?

CoryP

I have printed on static cling on the face side and stuck it on the inside of the window. It goes on good, the only window I have put it on was really thick glass, and when you look at it, the white got a little dull, but I was still pretty happy how well it went on.

msenjur

yes, i was also thinking in that direction. But im affraid, that color arent gonna be so full...

But some firm does this without white vinyl. I heard, that printer is ink-jet, but how do they get the adhesive on same side as print? Do they do it manualy?

I thougt someone has done it before...

Cory; yes, but your version is vulnerable... if it is behind glass, it is fully protected!

DGDesigns

To my knowledge it's not about the printer, but rather the right material. Quality Media has what you're asking about. Check out http://www.qmls.com/www/window.htm and talk to a rep. You can print on a specific window material and use a double-sided adhesive layer over top so the graphics can be viewed from the same side as the adhesive layer. Hope that helps.
Also, you can order custom decals like this from Stouse www.stouse.com

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
It's quite common to thermal transfer print reversed CMYK on clear with a White finisher on a Gerber Edge or Summa.
As for a solvent printer, you would need to outsource to someone who can print White ink or laminate with White vinyl.

msenjur

yesterday i went to this studio, that is also offering these kind of prints. But the guy there said, that they are printing on solvent printer, in have a special machine, that add adhesive beetwen print and glass. So, that there is only one layer. When i took a look at samples, colors were realy life! very nice prints!

Today we will do the print on clear vinyl, and then overlaminate it with white...

Some other guy, that is selling materials, said, that adhesive may become a little bit yellow over time... what about that?