• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Vinyl Identification - air release wrap vinyls

Ashley Smith

Hi! We often install vinyl graphics for out-of-town sign companies. Occasionally, vinyl comes into our shop that is unidentifiable. I thought it might be fun to see if anyone out there could help us to ID the latest mystery vinyl, an air-egress vinyl with a darker adhesive than I'm used to. Here are some photos of some of the vinyls we have around the shop, as well as the mystery vinyl.

I'd love to see photos of your vinyls, too. This isn't the first time we've been scratching our heads at the vinyl. It was spec'd as 3M, but I'm wondering why the adhesive is darker and why there isn't any 3M markings on the backing paper. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 3MIJ180Cv3.jpg
    3MIJ180Cv3.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 298
  • ArlonDPF4600LX.jpg
    ArlonDPF4600LX.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 185
  • BritelineIM3203.jpg
    BritelineIM3203.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 199
  • MysteryVinyl.jpg
    MysteryVinyl.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 199

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Oh, you've got briteline... Ahh, we have this new stuff we got, because we couldn't get our normal brand (3M). The liner isn't marked. I'll have to look tomorrow, I cant remember what it is at the moment.

ToneCustomSigns

Hey there. We do that also. Install graphics for other companies. My best guess would be that last one is Avery. I've had to install that a few times.

Ashley Smith

Briteline?
I don't think so. I have a roll of Briteline in my shop, and it has the same lighter gray as 3M's 180. My guess is Avery, but it's been a while since I've had my hands on Avery, so I'm not certain. Also, the lack of a print on the backing paper has me scratching my head. Most of the bigger brands tag their vinyls, don't they?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Oh, you've got briteline... Ahh, we have this new stuff we got, because we couldn't get our normal brand (3M). The liner isn't marked. I'll have to look tomorrow, I cant remember what it is at the moment.
Oraguard is what I was thinking of, but we only have the laminate - not the vinyl. I'm going to agree with Unclebun and say it's Avery.