• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl install toolbox

JBurton

Signtologist
I've been eyeing that milwaukee packout stuff for a while, it's just so damned high. Currently trying to figure a good way to rig a dewalt table into a backpack rig so I can stop bending over for every god forsaken tool I'm after.
Ryobi screams "I got this yesterday" to me, Hart too (though they make a great tape measure)

Stacey K

I like making signs
I like some of these ideas! I have a carry box that sits on top of a cart. Usually I have a 100' cord on the bottom...must be in my van.

After I left a 100' cord on a jobsite I started putting a business sticker on EVERYTHING.

And, I do not do meth and I never have...Texas!

370992812_285695197412483_6238592294269412548_n.jpg

Signstein

I'm in a similar position - in our little historic town the streets close to vehicle traffic from 9am to 10pm. Some sites have service roads/driveways but for the most part I'm walking to job sites.
I have an old Craftsman electricians tool bag from 90's/early 00's that I love. Small enough to not be bulky, but big enough to hold everything for most jobs.

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 112

StephenOrange

Eater of cake. Maker of .
When I see someone with Ryobi tools on the job site ..I can pretty much guarantee they have or have had a meth problem.
I have a Ryobi heatgun in the pic. No meth anywhere and I get my work done right. Heatguns all blow and break, so the cheaper ones do just fine. A good craftsman never blames his tools...and all that, right? That being said, I wouldn't spend a single cent on any of their other tools :)

JBurton

Signtologist
I come bearing good news everyone! Stanley offers a modular setup that is priced below Ryobi. Haul the tools and junk around site without looking like a junkie!
Also Dewalt has some cooler ones I'm leaning towards, mostly because you can pull the middle/bottom tool box without unstacking everything above it.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I come bearing good news everyone! Stanley offers a modular setup that is priced below Ryobi. Haul the tools and junk around site without looking like a junkie!
Also Dewalt has some cooler ones I'm leaning towards, mostly because you can pull the middle/bottom tool box without unstacking everything above it.
I like this top option a lot! It certainly helps with the junkie issue...just don't leave the meth pipe on the job site!

JBurton

Signtologist
I wonder if all us sign folks get extra hung up on appearance. Makes one wonder if the concrete forums are full of proud ryobi owners? Maybe just the plumbers.
We all know the electricians are in bed with milwaukee...

JBurton

Signtologist
I like this top option a lot! It certainly helps with the junkie issue...just don't NEVER leave the meth pipe on the job site AGAIN!
FTFY, though now the presumption may warrant a sticker labeled "not for meth*" *Freal though!
There was a time that I was in my early 20's, and one of the old hippy managers had smoked at the shop on a weekend (we let most folks tinker as long as they clock in, even though they don't get paid, insurance is peace of mind) and left a pretty glass pipe half with a bowl of flower half burnt on the table. Worst part, everybody (but the hippy guy who wasn't told) figured it was me and kept it quiet until I drag my ass in late as usual, and while I'm shocked to see it, I figure it out and play it cool, claiming it as my own, 'don't tell dad, ok guys! PLEASE!'. Sure enough, it earned me some clout, the guys never narced, but they picked on me for 6 months every morning about being stoned. It was wild, in one way I 'lost their respect', but in another, gained their trust.
We have a totally new crew now except for a guy or two, one who was there would probably remember it as a different story, about the obviously stoned vinyl installer leaving it out or some jazz.
Fun Times!

Stacey K

I like making signs
FTFY, though now the presumption may warrant a sticker labeled "not for meth*" *Freal though!
There was a time that I was in my early 20's, and one of the old hippy managers had smoked at the shop on a weekend (we let most folks tinker as long as they clock in, even though they don't get paid, insurance is peace of mind) and left a pretty glass pipe half with a bowl of flower half burnt on the table. Worst part, everybody (but the hippy guy who wasn't told) figured it was me and kept it quiet until I drag my ass in late as usual, and while I'm shocked to see it, I figure it out and play it cool, claiming it as my own, 'don't tell dad, ok guys! PLEASE!'. Sure enough, it earned me some clout, the guys never narced, but they picked on me for 6 months every morning about being stoned. It was wild, in one way I 'lost their respect', but in another, gained their trust.
We have a totally new crew now except for a guy or two, one who was there would probably remember it as a different story, about the obviously stoned vinyl installer leaving it out or some jazz.
Fun Times!
What ever happened to the days of weed...now it's all meth and pills and stupid stuff.

JBurton

Signtologist
pills and stupid stuff.
Blame the Sackler's and the doctors who didn't caution folks enough about the potential addiction issues for opiates. This is my soap box. Any time I hear someone or their loved ones going in for surgery, I give them the spiel about keeping an eye on the pills and their consumption rate, proper disposal, all of it. The current opiate problem isn't from kids getting mommy and daddy's leftover hydrocodone, it's middle aged middle class folks who get knee surgery, then eat the painkillers like candy, get a refill from their long time dr, and before you know it they're straight up trying to score oxy's from their kid's friends.

gnubler

I wonder if all us sign folks get extra hung up on appearance. Makes one wonder if the concrete forums are full of proud ryobi owners? Maybe just the plumbers.
We all know the electricians are in bed with milwaukee...
What do the drywall guys use? They're usually the lowest breed. I got a chuckle from this video, check out the first few seconds of Ryobi snobbery. :p