• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Master Pro Software

SNeas

Has anyone tried this software? We're looking for a more affordable option instead of Flexi.

cmoist

I currently use Vinyl Master Cut, not Pro. It works fine for standard cutting. I don't do any art inside it - everything is imported from Illustrator.

A few notes:
It doesn't run on Mac, just PC - I'm running on a VM inside a Mac, which works fine
Cut has several features like multipass cutting, etc
I would look at the more basic versions if you do art outside in Illustrator/Corel - doesn't look like Pro is that much better unless you're doing art in it.

WildWestDesigns

Has anyone tried this software? We're looking for a more affordable option instead of Flexi.

A couple of other affordable options really for a more affordable cutting platform, depends on what machine(s) (I only saw printers on your profile, no cutters, so don't know that need for machine support) need to be supported and what functions.

A plugin option that is roughly the same price has Vinyl Master Pro is CoCut (only Windows based PCs though). Does depend on a graphics program, but it does support Inkscape which is free in case you don't have a graphics program already.

I know BobbyH would probably give me a hard time being the Open Source fan that I am and that I don't recommend one possible Open Source project and that would be Inkcut. Can be used as a stand alone application or as a plugin for Inkscape and available on all 3 PC OS Platforms (Linux, Windows, Mac).

Again, just make sure that each one provides the functionality and machine support that you are looking for.

txhotrod

I have been using VMpro since 2014 when the new and improved version came out. It was 249.99. I used to use Flex, VMP is much more user friendly and works much easier, vectorizing is hit and miss, lots of times the program will not pickup the right colors and sometime will return a big blank. It likes to crash at any given moment, but it usually does manage to save what you were working on upon reboot. If your in the middle of vectorizing a picture you are SOL!! It DOES NOT SAVE THE CHANGES, but reverts back to the beginning. For simple one color decals it works great anything above that I would look elsewhere. Customer Service is by email only, you NEVER speak to a human, ever. Because they are in Australia and usually asleep! when you need them!!! That is my biggest pet peeve, when i am down I need to get up and running ASAP not the next or following day. I am leaning to getting Corel myself since we are now designing T Shirts. VMP does't have the capability from what i have seen to do what I need to do. Good Luck on your decision!

Bert Wondervan

I have been using VMpro since 2014 when the new and improved version came out. It was 249.99. I used to use Flex, VMP is much more user friendly and works much easier, vectorizing is hit and miss, lots of times the program will not pickup the right colors and sometime will return a big blank. It likes to crash at any given moment, but it usually does manage to save what you were working on upon reboot. If your in the middle of vectorizing a picture you are SOL!! It DOES NOT SAVE THE CHANGES, but reverts back to the beginning. For simple one color decals it works great anything above that I would look elsewhere. Customer Service is by email only, you NEVER speak to a human, ever. Because they are in Australia and usually asleep! when you need them!!! That is my biggest pet peeve, when i am down I need to get up and running ASAP not the next or following day. I am leaning to getting Corel myself since we are now designing T Shirts. VMP does't have the capability from what i have seen to do what I need to do. Good Luck on your decision!

Hi,
I know the good software that you need for your printer and plotter machines.
- what is the brand and model of your printer?
- what is the brand and model of your plotter?
- what is your Windows version?