• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl master xpt?

gixxer2004

vinyl master xpt on ebay

Did anybody ever use this RIP/design program? It looks and sounds great but it might be too good tobe true. I have flexi sign and I do not like it at all. I am looking for a new rip program but i do most of my designing in corel. Any feedback on it would be great!

Thanks!

rigosign

Its not the best software we have been using vinylmaster for over 10 years and the new program has a lot of bugs. It won't cut anything smaller than a 1/4 inch tall with out jumping over hoops. I have also had other problems with the cutting module. The only thing I love about it is being able to use it on windows 7 and have everything networked on our shop. With the old vinylmaster I was not able to access our network folder so it was a pain to get jobs going. For the money its worth it but it does have its headaches. If you have any other questions let me know.

dsellors

Been using Vinylmaster XPT for a few months now, works great, and support is readily available, if you have any issues. Program has been extensively redone, hence the lack of
market prominence, and they keep on working on it. They welcome suggestions, and have a very knowledgeable team. I "cross graded" from Flexi to Vinylmaster, for a greatly reduced introductory offer. It is bulging with features and artwork. All old reviews are just that - old. This is a totally new product. Dave

S'N'S

Running Vinyl Master XPT on Windows7 64bit annnnd loving it. Support is fantastic and there are video tutorials for everything you need to know. I also find it can do everything corel and illy can only its easier to use.

Hkjeep

Beware if getting the vinylmaster for the RIP

I wanted it mainly for the RIP software and I have a Roland and a HP designjet 500.. I did the subscription and they assured me RIP would work with any printer.. I never got the Designjet to work with the RIP and on the Roland it does not have all the options that the printer actually has.. so I only have 2 options for resolution..

Also I have a Jaquar cutter .. I can cut with the software but cannot use the contour cut option of the cutter.. the software has great contour options but is useless if it cannot use your cutters contour system.

My subscription is up in 11 days. .I have emailed them and said if they cannot get it to work I will not be renewing.. SO just a heads up you better make sure it works before you purchase.

Lisa

shaunmorrell

VinylMaster

All of the machines you've mentioned are used successfully by many of our customers with VinylMaster Xpt - but that said - there have many updates along the way, especially in recent weeks and months.

Often there are specific settings updated by our programmers directly on a client’s computer depending on individual setups and circumstances and we’ve just released Service Pack 2 and have several new HP and Roland Drivers - so what I suggest is that you get this update at:

http://www.iifuture.com/support/customer/RDlogin.php

Also, please drop Tech Support a line on the Help Desk if you’re still having problems.

Please note, there are literally thousands of printer and cutter models on the market these days and with all the variations of Windows and PCs along with all the applications and virus checkers on the market there are so many moving parts that on occasion there are problems and issues that we need to help you work through…

That’s why we have an FAQ site, video lessons and Help Desk etc. i.e. we’re here to help!

Thanks

Suz

HP L25500 & VinylMaster Software

Shaun,

We are considering your VinylMaster Sofware as a RIP for our HP L25500 printer. Which version of the software do you recommend for this printer?
What is the cost? You can email me if you prefer.
Thank you!
Sue

S'N'S

Suzi, I would send Shaun a PM, I know he is quite a busy man and frequents quite a few forums.

Hkjeep

rip still does not work

We still cannot use the rip for the designjet 500.. note this guys are not in USA so they only way they say they can get this to work is to log on to our computer ..well with the time difference this has not happened.. It is not just our computer setup that is not working because we have tried 6 different computers with different operating systems and their driver just does not work.

Hkjeep

VinylMaster Beware

An update.. If you read the above Shaun says that the printer I have mentioned is being used by many successfully.. I sent in another technical support help about 3 weeks ago saying I still cannot print to my Hp designjet 500.. the tech said he talked with the printer person and there are no problems with the designjet driver and it had to be something with my system and he needed to logon to my system to see what the problem is.. I say ok lets do this.. he said I could get to me next week. Finally I nail them down about midnight my time and say lets do this now.. He gets onto my system and to finds out the the designjet driver is not correct there is something missing and he would rewrite the driver they gave me and have it ready on Monday.. this was thursday my time.. I said Ok great.. Monday rolls around I email and say hey where is my driver.. he then tells me there is a delay that he needs some information from HP and having a hard time getting in touch with anyone there.. ..the next email I get is he did not want to nag HP and I could just use my regular driver to print... Oh great.. I knew that.. I orignally bought this software just for the rip. .I have cutter and vector software..

I would be very careful before purchasing this software for the rip program... I pay the monthly fee and I have asked for 6 months refund on the fees and I asked for not to pay for the monthly fee until this is working.. I will update this forum if it is successful.. and I will upadte if it is not successful..

We will see if they do the right thing or not..

Hkjeep

Here is copy of the last email about driver on May 28th..

I just wanted to show a copy of the email by what I meant when they said they did not want to nag HP.. I think he worded it as hounding.. I just do not see this a customer service. I pay a monthly fee for this software and no where did he mention we will waive this fee until it is fixed or anything.. I have paid 2 years for this software.

the other thing is I am confused how other customers are using this successfully as said in above posting..
Can't someone get a copy of the driver that someone is successfully using and send it to me.

Sent: Monday, 28 May 2012 7:41 PM
Subject: RE: hp designjet 500

Hi Lisa,

Just giving you an update as to the status of the driver.
We are currently waiting on some information from HP that is needed to complete the driver. While I thought that we had the required information, it turns out that our SDK's do not go back that far (the HP500 is no longer supported in many of the HP's sdks due to its age).
I have formerly requested this required information, and had my superiors try to get their contacts at HP to hurry up and supply the information so we can finish off the driver. Unfortunately, with such a big company, big wheels turn slowly, and we are still waiting for someone to get back to us. I think that the fact that HP is currently laying of several thousand workers may be playing a part in why we are having a bit of trouble getting the info in a timely fashion.
Other than keep hounding them to track down the info for the 500 model, I am stuck waiting. I spent several hours over the weekend trying to work around this, but the HP500 works quite differently to the other HP models, and will not work correctly without the missing information.
While I am quite sure that if we push hard enough, we will eventually get the information, and I can finish off the driver for you, I did promise you that I would have it ready for you buy now, and I am quite disappointed that this is not the case. It should be possible to print directly from VMP to the windows HP driver, using the print dialog if you need to print in the meantime, and I would be happy to help you do this (if you have not already)

themartaman

Customer service? I have sent 3 emails and no answer yet. Wanted to upgrade to Pro from Ltr so I would have contour cut. Dealer on Ebay has me blocked due to a misunderstanding. I volunteer with some Boy Scouts and they are now going with other software because of this. 3 have already purchased another brand. No way to do business.

shaunmorrell

Dear themartaman

We have replied to all your emails since 2012, but in regards to the upgrade you spoke with Tony on the phone about prices just this week and said to him that you weren't interested at the price so that's why we didn't reply to your upgrade email. However, Matthew has since replied to confirm your conversation with Tony.

In regards to being blocked by an eBay dealer. This is not of our making or within our control. The dealer says you wrote some offensive emails to him about a discount he was running at the time so it's really between the two of you.

At no time have we refused to deal with you or fulfill an order.

Thanks

themartaman

Dear themartaman

We have replied to all your emails since 2012, but in regards to the upgrade you spoke with Tony on the phone about prices just this week and said to him that you weren't interested at the price so that's why we didn't reply to your upgrade email. However, Matthew has since replied to confirm your conversation with Tony.

In regards to being blocked by an eBay dealer. This is not of our making or within our control. The dealer says you wrote some offensive emails to him about a discount he was running at the time so it's really between the two of you.

At no time have we refused to deal with you or fulfill an order.

Thanks

Partially correct. Never talked on phone with anyone. And grafixware is not telling the exact truth about what happened. I made a comment about him raising price while we were negotiating an Ebay Offer. He then blocked me. If that is offensive then so be it. The next day price was back down. After he told me sale had ended and that was reason price went up. He is the real loser because the Boy Scouts I volunteer with have decided not to deal with him. At 72 I have no reason to lie about what went on. I will be back in touch with Matthew.

knucklehead

Is the XPT version w/rip available on a subscription? I tried the trial, couldn't do this, couldn't do that. I would like to try the real deal before I purchase.

Last edited: