• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl numbering system

bigzap

Hello...........
I've been searching and searching the forums here and haven't found an answer to the following question.
What does, for example, the number 651 represent when you purchase rolls of vinyl?
Could someone enlighten me, (an obvious newbie)??
Thanks a lot!
Les

signage

These numbers are different grades of vinyl from each manufacturer. You need to contact your deal and get color chart that will tell you some of the info about each series!

Aardy54@54-Design

Hello...........
I've been searching and searching the forums here and haven't found an answer to the following question.
What does, for example, the number 651 represent when you purchase rolls of vinyl?
Could someone enlighten me, (an obvious newbie)??
Thanks a lot!
Les

I like to analogize so ....

Let's take BMW for example, there was the 318, 325, 525, etc... each number within the BMW product line represented a different model - same with say Oracal: 851, 751, 651 in that they are their different products and use numbers to represent the model instaed of calling 851 Superior Cast & 751 Premium Cast ... the numbers are the name they assign the different products.