• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl on glass

Meem

I was wondering, I want to put some single vinyl words on glass, can these be washed? Thanks!

*theresa*

Meem...

I just did some champagne glasses for a school. We tested them by rinsing them good after the vinyl was applied. They stayed on. Then we washed them by hand, still good. Then the dishwasher... Still there!

Now, they may not hold up to lots of washing but they should go for a while. Think of the graphics on your car windows... I run mine through hand washes and automatic washers and even washes with a pressure washer... They stay put!

Baz

Be better/classyer to have them etched. I wouldnt expect vinyl to last long through a wash ... not just the soap and water but the heat as well.

imaSIGNr

drinking glasses or window glass ?.....yes to both. Drinking glass would be more of a novelty and after several washes I think vinyl would at least start to lift on the corners.