• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl printer to compliment GX-24

detreps

Hello! New to the forums.

I have a Roland GX-24 that I have been using for years to make 1 color vinyl decals and have never utilized the optic eye to do contour cutting. I am looking to add a vinyl printer that I can use to print and then utilize the GX-24 for cutting. So...

1. Am I wasting my time/money looking for a vinyl printer without cut capabilities?
2. The vinyl printer - The print needs to be able to hold up outside (not fade within the first year) and I would like to avoid a separate lamination machine if possible...any suggestions (printer or technology)? Something to consider is that the printer may sit for weeks without use (I tend to binge use) so if some inks/heads clog/dry-out quick it might not be a good option.
3. I can go with a printer that is 54" wide since the decals that I plan on printing are small and this would add capabilities for things that I do not need to cut (banners).

Any help/recommendations are appreciated!