• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl: Removable vs ...

brycesteiner

Hello,

I get a little confused on the terms.

I'm looking a cast and a calendered vinyl. The both say removable but also 8 years on the specs. Does that mean it could be used temporarily on walls at a show? Does that mean that it can last 8 years on a vehicle and then cannot be removed? I'm assuming that removable does not mean repositionable (after it's set) or reusable.

Thanks!

Bretbyron

Repositionable means just that. Permanent means it will need to be heated to be removed. Unless it says it can be used on walls I wouldn't. You could end up taking the paint or top layer of the drywall off.

Vinyldog

Cast or Calendared refers to the manufacturing process of the vinyl. Permanent or Removable refers to the type of adhesive. Removable can be removed without leaving residue, theoretically, for three to five years. This is different than Easily removable like Oracal 3268 which can be moved and reapplied.